Nore River

Woodsy

Reaction score
I am staying in Thomastown next week and was thinking of trying the Nore. I'm with the family so I would only get a morning or a day tops. Is it worth a throw? Does it get many fish? Where would be the best bet to try if you no nothing about the river?

Thanks

S

Nore Angler

Reaction score
What methods would you be using. River gone quite low. But it has been a good year so far. Thomastown have some excellent water.

Woodsy

Reaction score
What methods would you be using. River gone quite low. But it has been a good year so far. Thomastown have some excellent water.
I'd hope to be using the fly if the river and conditions suited it. I wouldnt rule out spinning either if it was hard water to move a fly in

Nore Angler

Reaction score
Yeah Thomastown have nice fly water. I know day tickets are, but not sure where. Norefly might be able to help. Definitely worth a go.

Rainclouds

Reaction score
Great fly water on the Thomastown club. If too low for salmon, the trout fishing is second to none.

nore fly

Reaction score
Great water on the nore today...fished for two hours .fished a pool twice with the fly and then on the third time I took out the spinning rod and had a brief hand shake with a nice fish .......that's single hooks for you ...I fished another pool and witnessed one of the biggest fish I have ever seen break the surface today ....someone could be hitting a big big fish ..25lb plus easily ...

Hibernicus

Reaction score
Yes, I see the Nore got a few inches of extra water today and tonight's rain forecast looks like it might pass over Devil's Bit and bring more water. I must get down to Thomastown soon (I gather the beats on MJ are closed off for the pandemic).
H

Woodsy

Reaction score
Unfortunately I didnt get the chance to fish the Nore afterall. My eldest (8) wanted to join me so I was told to take him and to "make sure he catches this time" lol. So instead I took him to a wee trout fishery nearby rammed with rainbows and he got his first fish on the fly. It wasnt the fishing I had hoped but it was his highlight of the holiday, so still a great day.

We did take a walk down by the river late evening for a look around. Lovely section of the river but very quiet without any sign of anglers or salar.
20200730_194230.jpg20200730_192820.jpg20200730_192805.jpg20200730_191638.jpg

Nore Angler

Reaction score
Nice pictures. It hasn't really been right this week anyway. A lot of bog water. Puts the fish off.

nore fly

Reaction score
Just had a look at ifi website .been
A while since I did ..there are two news reports of convictions up on the site for poachers on the nore and barrow ..well done ifi..one was in March 2020 and the other in june .

mark22

Reaction score
With the pub in Inistioge closed, does anyone know where I can pick up a fishing permit for inistioge water?

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk