no speak english!!

pete

Reaction score
in my neck of the woods it isnt "foreign nations" who net and rape the rivers, its my fellow country men who do the damage... its not right to tar everyone with the same brush, i know a couple of polish and latvian lads who enjoy there fishing just as much as i do and they play by the rules like everyone else...

rrw35

Reaction score
Father Ted: I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests... More drink! (All cheer)

kgm

Reaction score
There are good and bad everywhere lads, your just looking for excuses through discrimination, very poor IMHO !! If there is a local problem then educate first, then you have a reason to give out later.

One of the best fishermen on the Nore is a kind hearted Polish lad and a forum member here, I'm proud to call him my friend!

I myself am a locally accepted blow in Scot with poor English, where does that leave me ?

The most troublesome and damaging poachers here are the local's and the state that protects them:p

It is down to the individual how he/she behaves irrespective of upbringing/culture/greed and their understanding/education of the rule's of where they live.

No blame culture here, my arse:p We are all responsible for a short time.

Noodles

Banned
Reaction score
On two visits to the clyde over the last week ,one last sunday up at crossford, I was fishing for brownies ,there was three other "anglers " one fishing a flying c ,one fishing a shrimp with a float the other fishing a bunch of worms ,this was at the pool below the footbridge just upstream from the road bridge ,when I spoke to them regarding there fishing methods ,no speak english was the reply ,do you have a permit I asked ,,no speak english again was the reply ,then again at blantyre wier the other day another ,no speak english angler was fishing away without permit .I have also spoken to other anglers that fish other rivers and they are now coming across the "no speak english anglers " so if your looking for a free days fishing just go for it and when approached by a balliff or river warden just say "no speak english" because they seem to be getting away with it. Also everything caught is killed no matter the size or species.

Just say police to them! Worked for me! Watch them run! Nowt wrong with there English then!:D

SALMON RUSHDIE

Reaction score
I have had Russians lithuanians,latvians,polish and rumanians working with me and the ones that fish do so because it is a sport they can do that is not expensive so long as they have a spinning rod and hooks worms cost nothing they all ask where they can fish without permit but beleive me if they live close to a river they will fish there until they are put off and will keep any size and any colour fish and eat them .don't be naieve and think they won't .and as sais on a quote on here some speak better English than some Scots the plain answer is we speak Scottish .:(

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
I had a conversation with a ghillie on the Deveron who was plagued by migrant foreign labour working the fields who felt it was quite acceptable to go and hoik a few fish out!! :D Whilst I am uncomfortable playing the "immigrant" card they are only doing what they do quite happily in their own country. My local town has the river Anton running through it. It was always populated with trout, grayling and various coarse fish. Sod all left now!

"Education, education, education!" as that pillock Tony Blair once said!

Last edited:

Bucktail Bob

Banned
Reaction score
I bet every single one of them can say "Ouch,what did you hit me for"?.By the way I am known for my tolerant understanding nature towards lying cheating,chancing toe rags!.If shall we say incommers choose to obey our rules and embrace our ways of life then welcome them with a smile and open arms,if not then teach them the error of their ways!Pedro.

We are one of the worst in the world at respecting other countries ways of life etc , We roll into the holiday resorts and right away we are wondering why none of the signs are not in English , tut and moan as nobody speaks the Queens English , call every second person they ask something of Stavross or Apu then do are very best to set up little Britain's all over the place you see it best in the resorts of Spain, Portugal,Greece and Cyprus but it goes all over the globe!
Then there's the world cups when En-ger-land roll in like their fresh of the WWII victory then proceed to turn cities in to scenes of chaos, except of course when you came to Hampden then you got chased south pretty quickly.
Yes for many in this country they still believe Britania rules the waves and the empire is as formidable as it was back in the hay day.

pol_angler

Reaction score
I have had Russians lithuanians,latvians,polish and rumanians working with me and the ones that fish do so because it is a sport they can do that is not expensive so long as they have a spinning rod and hooks worms cost nothing they all ask where they can fish without permit but beleive me if they live close to a river they will fish there until they are put off and will keep any size and any colour fish and eat them .don't be naieve and think they won't .and as sais on a quote on here some speak better English than some Scots the plain answer is we speak Scottish .:(

Said Rushdie and signed his post with killed salmon in his avatar. Hope it was tasty for you, your wife and kids. As you’re so beloved in the world of would have beens and would have likes, maybe you could tell if the fish in the vid below would also taste nice hmm?

Poached Salmon - YouTube

happy days

Reaction score
Anyone that thinks the fishing and the economy is ruined because of east Europeans is deluded.
It's a dangerous thing to start pigeon holing people, putting labels on them and creating scape goats.
It's happened before.

Reaction score
what do people say when going fishing in norway russia iceland we all do the same thing aslong as the fishing is paid for you entitled to take and fish as much as you like .

after all buying salmon fishing is no differnt to buying a car we dont go and shell £15000 on a car to just go and test drive it we want to take it home

Rennie

Reaction score
It matters not one jot to me one and all where a person comes from,what colour or creed they are or what language they speak,if they behave in a right and proper manner,respect what should be respected,honour what should be honoured,then all will be right in the world.If some one is prepared to stand "for their right" to do as they please,then I am prepared to stand for my right to protect what I beleive in-a decent society!.Pedro.

Last edited:

Klops

Reaction score
What a interesting discussion just a few hour before Easter.

Happy Easter

PS.

Lancsflyman

Reaction score
I were grayling fishing on my local river last December & came across 5 eastern europeanes all spinning away, they were obviously poaching because it was out of season for salmon & trout & you don't spin for grayling. They didn't hang around to long has I were getting near them, so im sure they know the rules. You can almost guarantee they would'nt have a rod & line liecence let alone have a ticket to fish.
Like alot of others on here have said I don't have a problem with anyone what ever nationality they are if they play by the rules & pay there way just like the rest of us.

D

Deleted member 1812

Like alot of others on here have said I don't have a problem with anyone what ever nationality they are if they play by the rules & pay there way just like the rest of us.

Only problem is Paul is that there are 10's of 1000's that don't and you and me are paying for the privilege!!!!!!!!!

Steve99

Reaction score
I were grayling fishing on my local river last December & came across 5 eastern europeanes all spinning away, they were obviously poaching because it was out of season for salmon & trout & you don't spin for grayling. They didn't hang around to long has I were getting near them, so im sure they know the rules. You can almost guarantee they would'nt have a rod & line liecence let alone have a ticket to fish.

This is exactly the point ..... and not anti-Semitism or Kukuksclan stuff .... simply everybody (British, Swiss, German, Americans, Japanese, Chinese simply everybody) who is guest in another country should respect local style of life and rules, not more not less. If they do not, send them home. It's very simple. If you have guest in your own home and they start to mess arround in your home you take them out too, it's natural behaviour.

Tight-lines
Steve

goosander

Reaction score
Any non members fishing i take there reg no. of there motor first and write it down and then ask them to move on please. Have caught polish gents killing parr and other small [6inch] fish but no others.
Bob

pol_angler

Reaction score

would have been, would have like...sociology knows that as making others look worse so you could feel yourself better. Poor by any european standards.

Have spinned for grayling (not on british waters) and caught loads of them on baits as big as Mepps 3, especially in the pity and falling water.

Klops

Reaction score
simply everybody (British, Swiss, German, Americans, Japanese, Chinese simply everybody) who is guest in another country should respect local style of life and rules, not more not less.

Totally agreed with it .

When we talking about behavior no matter which color of skin or country of origin it is OK for me .
But when we like to say that something like 100mln of citizen of a few countries are not so nice I become little bit angry.
We know too god from history at list a few persons who had very similar opinion.

pol_angler

Reaction score
But when we like to say that something like 100mln of citizen of a few countries are not so nice I become little bit angry.

And you should feel so walking streets of Krakov and see signs on restaurant windows saying 'no english costumers!'. Doesn't make me proud tbo.

highlander

Reaction score
One would have thought that, with this great country's acceptance of multi-culturalism on so many other levels, going the extra mile to accept the cultural differences in how fish are viewed and treated should be OK too.

That some other Europeans feel that fish are a resource to be utilised for food, and that fishing for them, in all its forms, is just a means to an end. Also, that these others view this resource as belonging to the people and not the landowners and those with riparian and fishing 'rights', is just reflected in these others feeling that there should be no licence required to access the 'peoples' resource.

Thus, we should give them a break, and let them assimilate into our society by bringing these important cultural differences into the mix of this great country.

If fish stocks do go down, well perhaps they will change their ways, like at 'home', where there are empty rivers and lakes, and thereafter stop this practice of impinging on our almost purely recreational pursuit of fish.

Last edited:

pol_angler

Reaction score
Hi Highlander, last thing I would like to do is change anything. As for empty lakes and rivers I have got this little story to tell you. My father-in-law took me fishing in poland last year and I have to admit I was reluctant to go as I expected him to be an old-timer killing everything. He won on that day 22:17, both fishing and catching pike between 2 and 7lbs pike. He released 21 of his catch without hesitation and killed one around 3lbs also without hesitation which was perfectly legal according to nation law regarding size and fishing date. When I asked why killing the fish, he pointed at bbq and people gathering around awaiting for us. We finished, went there, had a good party with quality food and this rather pathetic looking pike between very delicious sausages. Now he's here, for easter break and we're going fishing tomorrow as I would like to return the favor and I hope and pray he catches at least one perch and win again. When I told him it's c&r river, he just shrugged and said ok.

I don't understand this all things, but maybe my english is not good enough. :(