no speak english!!

tyney tone

Reaction score
Right you two!!!
I hereby challenge yous to a drinking contest at the meet.:eek:
Name yer poison:D
Brains kicked oot indeed...mines still in the box,never been used!
Sean.theres no way you are getting my Lochy ticket,or me missus.:eek:
Swine that yer are.:D

ibm59

Reaction score
Right you two!!!
I hereby challenge yous to a drinking contest at the meet.:eek:
Oh God.
Not again!:eek:
Can we make it the Saturday night this time pls?:p
I'm not missing oot on another day's fishing:D
Unless the river's oota order that is:rolleyes:

tyney tone

Reaction score
The itinerary is as follows;
Friday.Upon arrival TT shall decant a bottle of Teachers in the beer garden and we'll take it from there.:)
Saturday.9am at the hut,freestyle quaffing of anything that is to hand followed by(10-30am)A, singing and B,dancing(optional):D

gotoneon

Reaction score
Friday.Upon arrival TT shall decant a bottle of Teachers in the beer garden and we'll take it from there.:)
Saturday.9am at the hut,freestyle quaffing of anything that is to hand followed by(10-30am)A, singing and B,dancing(optional):D

Aye lets have a best dancer, best drinker, best dressed fisher (thank you i'll take that already....no baseball caps allowed)..........oh and best angler of the day!!!!

gotoneon

Reaction score

Aye lets have a best dancer, best drinker, best dressed fisher (thank you i'll take that already....no baseball caps allowed)..........oh and best angler of the day!!!!

Oh and by the way..this is no racist ranting by Dipper just an observation that there is an easy get out re (no speak a de English).

On one hand there are forum members hammering a law abiding angler taking a salmon to eat legitimately:eek::eek::eek: whilst willing to turn a blind eye to the abuse that is going on by sorry to say it "foreign anglers" in some PC agenda.

I heard from down south that some waters have been hammered by such folk killing carp etc.........................

Something does need done about it. Sure they aint going to go to jail so I am afraid i can see the BNP appearing at angling AGM's etc to drum up support or appearing down your local river to steam into some poor "foreign" guy with some demented numpty anglers in tow:eek::eek::(:(

John Woodside

Reaction score
Is that Packies ,Papes, or poofs?:(
Or do Moslems.Paddys,Chinese, Teuchters and Jews have to find their trunks as well?:(

And I hate to be the bearer of bad news but................ we Paddys do speak English!

Regarding our Eastern European Cousins..... "no speaky da english" strange how they understand the words "Warrant, Prosecution, seizure and heavy fine and or jail" caught two yesterday.

gotoneon

Reaction score
Is that Packies ,Papes, or poofs?:(
Or do Moslems.Paddys,Chinese, Teuchters and Jews have to find their trunks as well?:(

Them all of course;););););););););)

Dont be daft Ruairaidh. Its the "no speaka de English" bit that annoys. Same at the broo etc. have come across this many times, most recdently when my wife was in hospital and it seemed some poor unfortunate was going to be alone with no money and a new baby. The story was she knew nobody and.........."no speaka de English"...............Social worker duely arrived with bags and I mean bags of clothes equipment etc from some department stores. This after my wife had given her some of our stuff as we felt sorry.

Do you know what...........10 mins after getting the stuff she phoned for a lift on a mobile to come and get her in reasonable English. Told the staff who helped her down the stairs she needed "taxi". Dont know what happened after that re taxi and lift but that is the same abuse of a system that is happening on our river banks. Put yer PC hat aside and remove the chip from yer shoulder for a minute and at least see what is P***ing some of us off.

ruairaidh

Reaction score
Them all of course;););););););););)

Dont be daft Ruairaidh. Its the "no speaka de English" bit that annoys. Same at the broo etc. have come across this many times, most recdently when my wife was in hospital and it seemed some poor unfortunate was going to be alone with no money and a new baby. The story was she knew nobody and.........."no speaka de English"...............Social worker duely arrived with bags and I mean bags of clothes equipment etc from some department stores. This after my wife had given her some of our stuff as we felt sorry.

Do you know what...........10 mins after getting the stuff she phoned for a lift on a mobile to come and get her in reasonable English. Told the staff who helped her down the stairs she needed "taxi". Dont know what happened after that re taxi and lift but that is the same abuse of a system that is happening on our river banks. Put yer PC hat aside and remove the chip from yer shoulder for a minute and at least see what is P***ing some of us off.

It would probably be easier for me to take the postings and say nothing, If only these things were abstract and not set in life experience for myself G1O. I'll relate one of my experiences to you,beyond actually being one of those resident in a country and 'No spekin da lingo',(I was one of those buroo boys who took Norman Tebbits word literally and got on my bike to find work during the late 70's and early 80's..well without the bike truth be told:rolleyes::p:):D).
Some of the most embarassing experiencs were of 'Brits' abroad,actually resident and working in these countries,screaming as loud as they could one version or another of "Speak the Queen's English...".It was there,(In Tolouse),while out with friends and hearing a guy,from Prestwick of all places, scream in the face of a barman about of his lack of language skills in regard of English, all my French friends ,including the burd who recognised the accent ,all turned and looked at me.... I managed successfully to climb up my own ar*e with embarassment for the first time:D:D:D:D.("Shame you've managed to get lost now Ru ..." I hear you say:D;):rolleyes::p).
I went to teneriffe just a few weeks ago,different place same sh*t.Going to another persons country ,(albeit temporarily) ,and refusing point blank any attempt to speak the local language.So top marks to us for 'No speaky da French/Spanish/Netherlands....",need I go on?People in glass houses and all that eh?...:rolleyes:PS;A lot of those service workers on buses etc I found out do speak very good English,it's just that in a working day there is only so much that one can take of ill mannered,foul mouthed foreigners DEMANDING,in a derogatory manner, that you speak their language.Oh and they very same workers and locals are also very accomodating and happy to help you learn their lingo with a laugh and few glasses of the local potion.
On the point of economic migrants (just like me in those great Thatcherite days) and asylum seekers,first and foremost I understand and appreciate the need for people to move from their home country in the quest for paid employment,and just like my cousins in New Zealand ,US,Canada,Australia,Bahrain,UAE and a variety of places across the globe,people will move to ensure that their family has a roof over their head and food in their bellly.Be assured the work they are carrying out are the tasks that we as a resident popultion will not carry out,either due to the breadline pay or the filthy demeaning or backbreaking content of that employment...I know,I felt it as a non speaker of each of those languages.I also felt the harsh tongue and attitudes of sections within that resident population (Just like yourselves),along with the Turks,Arabs,Africans, Irish,Welsh assorted Asians which made up the mish mash crew of foreign workers surviving in an environment of Low paid,Temporary,no conditions sweating buckets employment.
Back to the recent and the stroy I wanted to relate to you.Part of my work demanded that I would be part of a group of Local service providers put on alert for the arrival of a number of Asylum seekers.Part of that exercise ws to question workers who had went through that process before to find out what was needed and available.The thing that struck me most was that high on the list was dentists.Aye,coming to this country for cheap dental treatment eh.?Well no.The common form of torture is to smash,drill or pull teeth without anaesthetic,if it does not produce results drilling your face off,then the kids are next and you can watch...It's only one example of the inhumane treatment people suffer on the way to making a decision to come to this,drab,damp,cold and sometimes unwelcoming country of ours away from their family ,firends,community and everything familiar in their life.
So buddies spare a thought for our brothers and sisters,have a wee bit of empathy and sympathy after all we're a' Jock Thamsons Bairns and there but for the grace of God go you, I and ours....;)
Between the actions of Corrupt greedy b*st*rd politicians and corrupt greedy merchant *ankers,finding ourselves in similar positions in the future might be nearer than you think....:(
Otherwise....
Pog Ma Thon
J::D

Last edited:

clydestyle

Reaction score
John

And I hate to be the bearer of bad news but................ we Paddys do speak English!

Regarding our Eastern European Cousins..... "no speaky da english" strange how they understand the words "Warrant, Prosecution, seizure and heavy fine and or jail" caught two yesterday.

Well Done!
No such problems on my local river.......Yet!!
Have enough locals flouting the rules!!

Mikey

tyney tone

Reaction score
Roddy,another excellent if rather long winded missive.
Once more however,you miss the main point;to whit;
There are people taking the rise out of our very liberal stance upon immigration,blame lies everywhere although the current "PC" brigade are ,in my opinion more culpable than most.
Now,if you live in a very rural area(we should all be so lucky!),you won't see the damage being "commited" day in,day out.
I'm certainly not a racist nor am I a homophobe or a "little Englander" but I object to our resources being wasted on these n'er do wells turning up on our doorstep,willy nilly,and demanding privileges as if its their right!
Wake up and see the whole picture.
Although your stance is admirable and no doubt founded upon a fair play mentality, I feel you are out of touch with the realitys of modern life in Britain.
All the best mate
Tone

25lbs

Reaction score

well said John on both points

ruairaidh

Reaction score
PC nonsense ye ken.......

Roddy,another excellent if rather long winded missive.
Once more however,you miss the main point;to whit;

There are people taking the rise out of our very liberal stance upon immigration,blame lies everywhere although the current "PC" brigade are ,in my opinion more culpable than most.

Now,if you live in a very rural area(we should all be so lucky!),you won't see the damage being "commited" day in,day out.
I'm certainly not a racist nor am I a homophobe or a "little Englander" but I object to our resources being wasted on these n'er do wells turning up on our doorstep,willy nilly,and demanding privileges as if its their right!
Although your stance is admirable and no doubt founded upon a fair play mentality, I feel you are out of touch with the realitys of modern life in Britain.
All the best mate
Tone

I take it that the post is directed at my comments?

Once more however,you miss the main point;

I do not think I do miss the main point. Is it that there are groups of people, predominantly Polish or of eastern European origin, that you believe are poaching small and coarse fish from the local river systems then pleading ignorance and a command of the English language in a bid to ensure that they are not prosecuted? If so let me reply and start by stating that I think there is an underlying theme of intolerance and prejudice also at play in the post and this is what I am trying to address.
I would I would hope by looking, reading and understanding, that why my post was so detailed was to illustrate that I do have both a living life knowledge of being an immigrant worker and through this a working understanding of the difficulties faced by immigrant workers in Britain and the prejudices and discriminations they face. I have seen nothing in these posts other than personal observations of incidents and prejudicial comment.
I do not think I am out of touch with the reality of modern life in Britain. I work every day with socially and economically disadvantaged people, indeed I live and work in my community, the same on into which I was born, which is a basic working people council house state with all the difficulties that entails, so I am not in Hampstead Heath munching muesli and reading the Guardian. Maybe you mean I fail to lie down and accept the received wisdom and reaction of the right wing perspective choosing instead to be critical oand challenge this thinking when examining the issue ridden nature of modern life in Britain? That I would accept. Certainly it is one not based upon some notional concept of ‘fairplay’ that is for the sports field not the even application of the law for all citizens regardless of their place of birth..

There are people taking the rise out of our very liberal stance upon immigration,blame lies everywhere

We are far from Liberal, thankfully the Scottish government has forced changes upon the trough swillers in Westminster to end the detention of children and families, morning raids and physical handling and incarceration of children, they recognize the vulnerable position of both the child and their wider family and the difficulties that people face before they arrive on our shores.
Most countries, in Scandanavia and Europe have a far more relaxed approach to people coming to live in their communities and are by far more ‘Liberal’ and accepting of people from outside their borders, numbers of immigrants should be easily found if you care to do a quick search.
Scotlands’ successive governments have realised and recognized both the need for an incoming population and the benefits they bring, both in terms of the tasks they carry out and the skills they bring.
It is a bit ingenious of you to point a finger at the few who would blot the good reputation of the infinite majority. Especially from your type who walk about in BNP tattoos Union Jack shorts and England Flags, singing rule Britania and throwing bottles at women and children, frightening everyone by vomitting all around you and vandalizing everything in sight.
Do you recognize yourself? No I didn’t think so. There are communities all over the world who will tell you that is what the English behave like when they come calling…they do not say that it is traveling England supporters or drunken tourists OTT with drink on Holiday,they are exactly a handful of thugs uinrepresentative of that country or that traveling band.
Point being there are Doctors, Nurses, Carers, Charity workers, Engineers designers, great and generous neighbours, friendly polite obedient and respectful children etc.. The list is endless.
Do not forget the vast majority are here temporarily. They are, like I was, free to work in any of the European Community countries. Those that are not have had to face very stringent and difficult hurdles bureaucratic and actual, and through very harrowing and difficult circumstances to be here. If they are here legally then they are entitled the same as any citizen under the law. So When they do go home what impression of Britain will they report back when they do go?...would you be proud of it on your CV?
You and others have CHOSEN to focus on a handful of eedjits (you should it’s a fishing forum BTW),who have poached a river a’ la wee boys, with a rod (not dynamite or netting) and took a few fish, furthermore their biggest crime seems to be claiming to not speak English (They are poachers but they are not OUR poachers!:):):):):):))!. How evil is that…just about to bring the country to it’s knees eh?If these people break the Law when they are staying here, then hammer them with the law and take them the full road the same as anyone else, no excuses and no limitations to that application of the law…you cannot say any fairer than that. I would expect no less if I broke the law when staying or working in their home.
So bear in mind when you are posting .Predjudice is exactly that ,pre judging people before you know them, applying characteristics to the collective based upon assumptions of behaviour and attitude. Discrimination is acting upon these presumptions and stereotypes, I reckon both are in play in these postings. Or maybe you are one of those English patriots described above….

although the current "PC" brigade are ,in my opinion more culpable than most.
Could you explain that concept to me? To me it seems like a catch all phrase and reactive answer for anything that challenges pre conceived attitudes and behaviours, it’s your description / assessment so maybe you could explain what is “PC”?

Maybe because you do not live in a Rural area you cannot see these foreigners invading your green fields and valleys..eh? How do you know they are not emptying all of England’s rambling brooks with their five pairs of hands into both of their fanged giant mouthes,breeding faster than rabbits behind the hedgerows,scoffing down all your fish raw ,laughing in their funny foreign tongue while you are sitting in your town EH? Have you thought of that? Spooky eh? Eh?EH?
Or maybe 'they' are just as human as the rest of us Oooooooohhhhhh:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::p:p;):D:D:D:D
Tight lines Bro'
J:);)

Last edited:

takinupgolf

Reaction score
I take it that the post is directed at my comments?

Once more however,you miss the main point;

I do not think I do miss the main point. Is it that there are groups of people, predominantly Polish or of eastern European origin, that you believe are poaching small and coarse fish from the local river systems then pleading ignorance and a command of the English language in a bid to ensure that they are not prosecuted? If so let me reply and start by stating that I think there is an underlying theme of intolerance and prejudice also at play in the post and this is what I am trying to address.
I would I would hope by looking, reading and understanding, that why my post was so detailed was to illustrate that I do have both a living life knowledge of being an immigrant worker and through this a working understanding of the difficulties faced by immigrant workers in Britain and the prejudices and discriminations they face. I have seen nothing in these posts other than personal observations of incidents and prejudicial comment.
I do not think I am out of touch with the reality of modern life in Britain. I work every day with socially and economically disadvantaged people, indeed I live and work in my community, the same on into which I was born, which is a basic working people council house state with all the difficulties that entails, so I am not in Hampstead Heath munching muesli and reading the Guardian. Maybe you mean I fail to lie down and accept the received wisdom and reaction of the right wing perspective choosing instead to be critical oand challenge this thinking when examining the issue ridden nature of modern life in Britain? That I would accept. Certainly it is one not based upon some notional concept of ‘fairplay’ that is for the sports field not the even application of the law for all citizens regardless of their place of birth..

We are far from Liberal, thankfully the Scottish government has forced changes upon the trough swillers in Westminster to end the detention of children and families, morning raids and physical handling and incarceration of children, they recognize the vulnerable position of both the child and their wider family and the difficulties that people face before they arrive on our shores.
Most countries, in Scandanavia and Europe have a far more relaxed approach to people coming to live in their communities and are by far more ‘Liberal’ and accepting of people from outside their borders, numbers of immigrants should be easily found if you care to do a quick search.
Scotlands’ successive governments have realised and recognized both the need for an incoming population and the benefits they bring, both in terms of the tasks they carry out and the skills they bring.
It is a bit ingenious of you to point a finger at the few who would blot the good reputation of the infinite majority. Especially from your type who walk about in BNP tattoos Union Jack shorts and England Flags, singing rule Britania and throwing bottles at women and children, frightening everyone by vomitting all around you and vandalizing everything in sight.
Do you recognize yourself? No I didn’t think so. There are communities all over the world who will tell you that is what the English behave like when they come calling…they do not say that it is traveling England supporters or drunken tourists OTT with drink on Holiday,they are exactly a handful of thugs uinrepresentative of that country or that traveling band.
Point being there are Doctors, Nurses, Carers, Charity workers, Engineers designers, great and generous neighbours, friendly polite obedient and respectful children etc.. The list is endless.
Do not forget the vast majority are here temporarily. They are, like I was, free to work in any of the European Community countries. Those that are not have had to face very stringent and difficult hurdles bureaucratic and actual, and through very harrowing and difficult circumstances to be here. If they are here legally then they are entitled the same as any citizen under the law. So When they do go home what impression of Britain will they report back when they do go?...would you be proud of it on your CV?
You and others have CHOSEN to focus on a handful of eedjits (you should it’s a fishing forum BTW),who have poached a river a’ la wee boys, with a rod (not dynamite or netting) and took a few fish, furthermore their biggest crime seems to be claiming to not speak English (They are poachers but they are not OUR poachers!:):):):):):))!. How evil is that…just about to bring the country to it’s knees eh?If these people break the Law when they are staying here, then hammer them with the law and take them the full road the same as anyone else, no excuses and no limitations to that application of the law…you cannot say any fairer than that. I would expect no less if I broke the law when staying or working in their home.
So bear in mind when you are posting .Predjudice is exactly that ,pre judging people before you know them, applying characteristics to the collective based upon assumptions of behaviour and attitude. Discrimination is acting upon these presumptions and stereotypes, I reckon both are in play in these postings. Or maybe you are one of those English patriots described above….

although the current "PC" brigade are ,in my opinion more culpable than most.
Could you explain that concept to me? To me it seems like a catch all phrase and reactive answer for anything that challenges pre conceived attitudes and behaviours, it’s your description / assessment so maybe you could explain what is “PC”?

Maybe you do not live in a Rural area and cannot see these foreigners invading your green fields and valleys? How do you know they are not emptying all of England’s rambling brooks and scoffing down all your fish raw laughing in their funny foreign tongue while you are sitting in your town EH? Have you thought of that? Spooky eh? Eh?EH?Oooooooohhhhhh:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::p:p;):D:D:D:D
Tight lines Bro'
J:);)

wow
There are people taking the rise out of our very liberal stance upon immigration,blame lies everywhere
The French,Italian and Belgian governments only last week blamed Britain for asylum seekers in their country. How? People are gathering in their countries waiting to get to Britain due to our "generous benefits" (their words not mine). An EEC think-tank backed up their claim also.
The bit about England flags and English sounds almost a bit strong also. Every city and village the length and breath of Britain has problems you talk about at chucking out time. Nothing to do BNP or England.

Levenlad

Reaction score
Another fine example

As yet,I'm still on the fence with this one but let me tell you of a freinds experience at the weekend.
A girl I know was out for a drink with mourners after her mother in laws funeral on Friday night....They all ended up in a boozer over in Helensburgh(a pub I wont Name).....Whilst outside the front door having a ciggie......a bouncer aproached her and pushed her away from the door telling her she "shouldn't be smoking here"
She answered him back telling him there was no need to push her....
At this point another one of the bouncers(who was of the ethnic minority) aproached her and told her"just f****n move..OK"
She apealed to their better nature saying that she was only having a fag and didn't want an arguement...
To which the ethnic gentleman said something in his own language...
She told him if he wanted to say something to her he should do it in English...
They called the police and she was charged with racial abuse...because she told him to speak English...
It's really anoying that some people can just jump on the racial banwagon and the authorities play along with it.......Even encourage it...

Last edited:

Grilse Boy

Reaction score
As yet,I'm still on the fence with this one but let me tell you of a freinds experience at the weekend.
A girl I know was out for a drink with mourners after her mother in laws funeral on Friday night....They all ended up in a boozer over in Helensburgh(a pub I wont Name).....Whilst outside the front door having a ciggie......a bouncer aproached her and pushed her away from the door telling her she "shouldn't be smoking here"
She answered him back telling him there was no need to push her....
At this point another one of the bouncers(who was of the ethnic minority) aproached her and told her"just f****n move..OK"
She apealed to their better nature saying that she was only having a fag and didn't want an arguement...
To which the ethnic gentleman said something in his own language...
She told him if he wanted to say something to her he should do it in English...
They called the police and she was charged with racial abuse...because she told him to speak English...
It's really anoying that some people can just jump on the racial banwagon at the authorities play along with it.......Even encourage it...

doesn't this just make you fill up with anger i would like to understand the language they speak then i would get them charged :mad:

Aled

Reaction score
On two visits to the clyde over the last week ,one last sunday up at crossford, I was fishing for brownies ,there was three other "anglers " one fishing a flying c ,one fishing a shrimp with a float the other fishing a bunch of worms ,this was at the pool below the footbridge just upstream from the road bridge ,when I spoke to them regarding there fishing methods ,no speak english was the reply ,do you have a permit I asked ,,no speak english again was the reply ,then again at blantyre wier the other day another ,no speak english angler was fishing away without permit .I have also spoken to other anglers that fish other rivers and they are now coming across the "no speak english anglers " so if your looking for a free days fishing just go for it and when approached by a balliff or river warden just say "no speak english" because they seem to be getting away with it. Also everything caught is killed no matter the size or species.

As a Welshman i regularly use the "no speak English" when i get those nuisance calls from Mumbai trying to sell me something.............:D
Cheers
Aled

tyney tone

Reaction score
I actually hate the BNP and all they stand for.
Also,I wouldnt be seen dead in a union jack t shirt and most certainly dont have an England flag flying from my house!
By the way,I don't vomit all over the place either nor am I abusive to wimmen and children.So there.:)

BJA

Reaction score
And wor lass couldnt understand a word i was saying last night when she picked me up from the pub:dbja