no speak english!!

the dipper

Reaction score
On two visits to the clyde over the last week ,one last sunday up at crossford, I was fishing for brownies ,there was three other "anglers " one fishing a flying c ,one fishing a shrimp with a float the other fishing a bunch of worms ,this was at the pool below the footbridge just upstream from the road bridge ,when I spoke to them regarding there fishing methods ,no speak english was the reply ,do you have a permit I asked ,,no speak english again was the reply ,then again at blantyre wier the other day another ,no speak english angler was fishing away without permit .I have also spoken to other anglers that fish other rivers and they are now coming across the "no speak english anglers " so if your looking for a free days fishing just go for it and when approached by a balliff or river warden just say "no speak english" because they seem to be getting away with it. Also everything caught is killed no matter the size or species.

gotoneon

Reaction score
On two visits to the clyde over the last week ,one last sunday up at crossford, I was fishing for brownies ,there was three other "anglers " one fishing a flying c ,one fishing a shrimp with a float the other fishing a bunch of worms ,this was at the pool below the footbridge just upstream from the road bridge ,when I spoke to them regarding there fishing methods ,no speak english was the reply ,do you have a permit I asked ,,no speak english again was the reply ,then again at blantyre wier the other day another ,no speak english angler was fishing away without permit .I have also spoken to other anglers that fish other rivers and they are now coming across the "no speak english anglers " so if your looking for a free days fishing just go for it and when approached by a balliff or river warden just say "no speak english" because they seem to be getting away with it. Also everything caught is killed no matter the size or species.

Since when could you speak English with any kind of style Dips????????

I see it reported as a problem on the kelvin thread re chapping smolts and tiny troot also.

25lbs

Reaction score

Do you "speak English", phone someone! they dont seem to be getting a way with it they "ARE " getting away with it:mad:. We had the same thing in Ireland we put up multi lingual signs and with some help from the Cops and the local balliffs we soon had it under control, another thing they don't like if you take some photos of them they soon pack up and head off.
Please do not takle them on your own phone the balliffs/cops or a big bunch of your mates but don't let them away with it :mad:

mcminnow

Reaction score
This appears to be a country wide problem and is occuring in and around Cumbria. My window cleaner, who fishes all over West Yorkshire also tells me it a common occurence locally and has led to violence on more than one occasion.

para1

Reaction score
This not a new thing . I remember a gillie on the Spey telling me the same thing years ago, oh they were French btw.

kingfisheryh02nxs

Banned
Reaction score
We might as well let them have our fishing, they already have our houses, jobs, and all other benefits they could want for.

ibm59

Reaction score
After the way we let the Poles down during/after the last war , surely they're entitled to a fish or two?:confused:
Where's that tongue in cheek smilie gone?:D

rrw35

Reaction score
"NNNYEEESSSS, I LIKE FREE FISHING IN UK, I FEED FAMILY WITH MANY 5 INCH SMOLT. I CATCH FISH WITH LIDL FISHING ROD I BUY CHEAP AT SUPERMARKET, HI FIVE, THANK YOU PLEASE"!!

Last edited:

ruairaidh

Reaction score
I am very much shocked by the attitudes on here.I thought the days of nothiing discrimination had gone.
I agree that there Are firstly, people who are exploiting thier non British' language difficulties ,(or maybe none) ,and secondly that there are others among this group who are delibarately exploiting the situation to,as the Scottish saying goes,"act daft and get a free ride..."
But to have free run on demeaning people on the basis of their background is disgraceful.Not only do I know that there are young boys on this forum, and particularly this thread, who are still forming their ideas of the world,what is morally right and wrong and how they fit into that world.I'm searching through this thread to find a mjaority of comment or idea that could be considered a decent role model.
During the thirties and forties ther were those who took a free reign in the same type of anti foriegner / Polish language,which led to invasion and a sizeable proportion being cattle trucked into Buchenwald,Belsen and Auswich.It's a big jump I know,but the young mind on here seeing intolerant language and ideas being spouted takes the 'acceptability/normaility' of this thinking and speaking into his or her into the next generation,do you really want to project that morality into the next generation?
So whats next lads,that guy who hangs around with Jews,Asians, Blacks,oh by the way doesn't he look a wee bit gay and his sisters a lesbian?More Germans with babies impailed on the end of baynots?Do we never learn cave dwellers?
So leave it out lads,do the decent thing,contact the authorities whether that is Bailiffs or police and have them dealt with,within the law.They are conmmen and thieves,criminality is not a cultural or ethnic trait.
Or maybe you propose biogenic explainations of crime...I await that analysis.

Last edited:

onthedangle

Reaction score
I am very much shocked by the attitudes on here.I thought the days of nothiing discrimination had gone.
I agree that there Are firstly, people who are exploiting thier non British' language difficulties ,(or maybe none) ,and secondly that there arothers among this group who are delibarately exploiting the situation to,as the Scottish saying goes,"act daft and get a free ride..."
But to have free run on demeaning people on the basis of their background is disgraceful.Not only do I know that there are young boys on this forum, and particularly this thread, who are still forming their ideas of the world,what is morally right and wrong and how they fit into that world.I'm searching through this thread to find a mjaority of comment or idea that could be considered a decent role model.
During the thirties and forties ther were those who took a free reign in the same type of anti foriegner / Polish language,which led to invasion and a sizeable proportion being cattle trucked into Buchenwald,Belsen and Auswich.It's a big jump I know,but the young mind on here seeing intolerant language and ideas being spouted takes the 'acceptability/normaility' of this thinking and speaking into his or her into the next generation,do you really want to project that morality into the next generation?
So whats next lads,that guy who hangs around with Jews,Asians, Blacks,oh by the way doesn't he look a wee bit gay and his sisters a lesbian?More Germans with babies impailed on the end of baynots?Do we never learn cave dwellers?
So leave it out lads,do the decent thing,contact the authorities whether that is Bailiffs or police and have them dealt with,within the law.They are con mmen and thieves,a criminal not a cultural or ethnic trait.

get off your high horse! i think that you are blowing this out of proportion (not like you:rolleyes:) nobody on here is discriminating against anybody, never mind setting a bad example to the younger of our members. a problem situation has been raised and imo nobody has done anything but 1) suggest a solution 2) suggest an origin of the possible foreigners....based on the fact that this didnt happen till their particular influx 3) have a tounge in cheek laugh

you are going way over board with your references to wartime attrocities and other over the top steriotyping

Last edited:

ruairaidh

Reaction score
get off your high horse! i think that you are blowing this out of proportion (not like you:rolleyes:) nobody on here is discriminating against anybody, never mind setting a bad example to the younger of our members. a problem situation has been raised and imo nobody has done anything but 1) suggest a solution 2) suggest an origin of the possible foreigners....based on the fact that this didnt happen till their particular influx 3) have a tounge in cheek laugh

you are going way over board with your references to wartime attrocities and other over the top steriotyping

Spoken just like a nineteen twenties German....ordinary people can talk themselves into doing extraordinarilly wicked things by 'normalising' the unacceptable,even though it's small talk to start,the kernel starts somewhere.Nil by mouth,less by word...If you thnk I',m on a high horse give a bit of consideration to what I am arguing and climb on beside me..BTW it was not strictly a WAR TIME Atrocity, it was a states abuse of power, exploiting pre-existing prejudices and creation of cutural 'norms'.The war theme,just like today,merely served to encourage the concept of 'enemy' and reinforcement wh'a like us,and we'll destroy everyone who aint....
In the case of,1) suggest a solution 2) suggest an origin of the possible foreigners....based on the fact that this didnt happen till their particular influx am I not doing the exact same but with warnings attached?It begs analysis OTD not reaction.Or maybe the English dictionary has redifined discimination and prejudice.
I also happen to think RRW's Borat contribution hilarious...:)

Last edited: