Nice pint out of my nom de plume

Rrrr

Reaction score
Following a serious climbing accident in Pembroke i was ironically given a lift to hospital (ah, remember when the NHS actually worked, halcyon days) in my namesake...

View attachment 52605

Luckily I got there shaken not stirred and didn't suffer Frank Cannings's experience the decade before...
The seakings used to drive me crazy.
When i was 21 i bought a flat opposite a hospital in norrhumberland. The seakings from raf boulmer used to hovver above my roof while waiting for permission to land on the field at the hospital. Waking up at 3am to the windows shaking etc was scary at first

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

G

GEK79

To lighten the mood a tad.
View attachment 52578I Managed to scrounge a couple of glasses - pint and a have pint from my local Indian Restaurant and somehow my beer tasted sooo much better.
Anyone else have an object or what inspired them in Depicting your forum nom de plume ?
I'm starting to think I'm quite boring I used my initials and year of birth.. ??

Reaction score
Seen that happen to a few now. One quite close to me on the western shore of Loch Lomond, just inland from Duck Bay Marina.

This is the place that I am talking of. It too was closed because of high repair costs. I understand that it is on the market again at the present time.
1605815166343.png

PerryPoker

Reaction score
Not sure Alex Oxlade Chamberlain would appreciate me living up to my nom de plume and in any case, I’d probably end up in jail for trying.

NT8R

Reaction score
Why don’t we start a thread called can you guess why we we all chose our non de plums, it might be slightly more interesting and get us through until kelt time ??

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Why don’t we start a thread called can you guess why we we all chose our non de plums, it might be slightly more interesting and get us through until kelt time ??

Why don't you go crawl back under the rock you came from ?

Andrew B

Reaction score
I’ve got a lovely bit of water.View attachment 52584
Lovely to see your loyal Staffie(?) by your side at the fishing. Having your dog just 'with' you at the fishing just enhances the day imho.

My Springer pretty much fishes everywhere that she can with me. Mind you dugs are cannae, she knows a fishing day and can't get out the door quick enough, whilst my wee, old Border Terrier has her nose pressed to the neighbours door as she knows she about to spoiled as surrogate grandkid ? (y)

Here's a pic, courtesy of Lamson V10, whilst fishing the bend round Neidpath Castle a week past Sat. The wee lass is just happy to sit there and watch me.:love:
View attachment 52585
[/QUOTE]
You’ve gotta have a dog that likes fishing. Mines the same, peeping from somewhere lol.

Andrew B

Reaction score
He’s actually a Patterdale terrier, absolutely loves to come fishing. He will sit and watch me all day. Likes to lend a hand with landing a fish but finds catch and release very disappointing.

That nice steam you were fishing Westie, down below Neidpath Castle is the Mary Bell.
Must be a patterdale thing? Mentioned the other day how my mates patterdale could bring fish without a mark.
The very day he decided to let him keep a fish, the job was ***** and he didn’t wanna part from then on lol.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Must be a patterdale thing? Mentioned the other day how my mates patterdale could bring fish without a mark.
The very day he decided to let him keep a fish, the job was ***** and he didn’t wanna part from then on lol.
On one of the few occasions we decided to keep a fresh grilse each my jack russel Charlie managed to drag mine back down the steep embankment and threw it back. The river was flowing and the fish was gone.
Miraculously I spotted it further down the pool and got it back.
Poor Charlie got an awful bollocking that day.

Andrew B

Reaction score
On one of the few occasions we decided to keep a fresh grilse each my jack russel Charlie managed to drag mine back down the steep embankment and threw it back. The river was flowing and the fish was gone.
Lol superb. Thing is I told my mate it was a bad idea to reward his dog with a fish and so it proved.
crazy dog that. He’d only had it a week and he passed me one night with the dog and his Mrs and walked back in the rain.
I followed their footsteps and on high tree lined bank above the river, kinda like a tunnel I counted eight dead rats all nipped in the neck and killed instantly. My mate was so pissed he never even noticed lol.

love those dogs.

westie4566

Reaction score
I remember that day....you were lucky you spotted the fish later on (y) ?