Nice pint out of my nom de plume

G

GEK79

To lighten the mood a tad.
View attachment 52578I Managed to scrounge a couple of glasses - pint and a have pint from my local Indian Restaurant and somehow my beer tasted sooo much better.
Anyone else have an object or what inspired them in Depicting your forum nom de plume ?
Does look good were you able to have the curry as well to enjoy the full experience.. ?

Tangled

Reaction score
1605688121624.jpeg

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Any idea when Ardgowan will actually start distilling their own hooch , J?
Or is it simply a pipe dream ?
I believe the construction plans and consent etc have been approved for the Bankfoot distillery site B (the old farm/stable building at Gourock road end) , but it seems investment still has to be secured to kick it all off.

keirstream

Reaction score
Lol as if I’d do that lol. No I asked the waiter and I’ve a fellow forum member and his wife as witnesses lol

Ah hah!!!
A menage a trois involving beer glass kleptomaniacs?o_Oo_O
The mind does indeed boggle regarding the planned use of the glass.:unsure:

carbisdale caster

Reaction score
Saw it often from the road, looks fantastic! Is it a private house, hostel, empty?

Long story but it was bought as a private home but the fella who bought it sold his shares in the company so now the company have the problem of figuring out what to do with the place but what with this thing that's been going about everything's on hold for now, I believe they may be looking into bringing in a hotel operator to run the place as a hotel which would at least provide local employment but as far as I know these are just ideas so we'll have to wait and see

Last edited:

AlanT

Reaction score
Long story but it was bought as a private home but the fella who bought it sold his shares in the company so now the company have the problem of figuring out what to do with the place but what with this thing that's been going about everything's on hold for now, I believe they may be looking into bringing in a hotel operator to run the place as a a hotel which would at least provide local employment but as far as I know these are just ideas so we'll have to wait and see
Ah, I was hoping it was a hostel or something so you could show me round ?, looks an interesting building ?

carbisdale caster

Reaction score
Ah, I was hoping it was a hostel or something so you could show me round ?, looks an interesting building ?

It used to be the SYHA's flagship hostel but suffered water damage in 2010 so closed for repairs, the chief exec of the syha didn't really like the place and unfortunately as they'd not long opened a large hostel on leith walk which was the new highest earner they put it up for sale and it was bought in 2016

Reaction score
It used to be the SYHA's flagship hostel but suffered water damage in 2010 so closed for repairs, the chief exec of the syha didn't really like the place and unfortunately as they'd not long opened a large hostel on leith walk which was the new highest earner they put it up for sale and it was bought in 2016
Seen that happen to a few now. One quite close to me on the western shore of Loch Lomond, just inland from Duck Bay Marina.

McPisces

Reaction score
My one is based around my star sign and the "Mc" from my surname, or alternatively a play on my first name and my star sign.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Long story but it was bought as a private home but the fella who bought it sold his shares in the company so now the company have the problem of figuring out what to do with the place but what with this thing that's been going about everything's on hold for now, I believe they may be looking into bringing in a hotel operator to run the place as a hotel which would at least provide local employment but as far as I know these are just ideas so we'll have to wait and see
Ah!!
Was wondering if you were a vicar there :LOL:

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
My one is based around my star sign and the "Mc" from my surname, or alternatively a play on my first name and my star sign.
I thought it was the fish reference not a star sign.
If it was star signs im a goat.
Kinda spot on :ROFLMAO:
Acting the goat ? is something I've got locked down ;):ROFLMAO: