Nice pint out of my nom de plume

kingfisher

Stay Safe
Reaction score
To lighten the mood a tad.
DBC86F96-F56D-47A6-BE44-A4AFD24C21AF.jpeg
I Managed to scrounge a couple of glasses - pint and a have pint from my local Indian Restaurant and somehow my beer tasted sooo much better.
Anyone else have an object or what inspired them in Depicting your forum nom de plume ?

Last edited:

westie4566

Reaction score
Although it never started as such, I guess this is what most would associate my nom de plume with, the Westie (Westwater) a major trib of the North Esk and one of my most favourite places to fish with some water on. It really is a braw wee spate burn.

ww.jpg

westie4566

Reaction score
I’ve got a lovely bit of water.View attachment 52584

I’ve got a lovely bit of water.View attachment 52584
[/QUOTE]
Lovely to see your loyal Staffie(?) by your side at the fishing. Having your dog just 'with' you at the fishing just enhances the day imho.

My Springer pretty much fishes everywhere that she can with me. Mind you dugs are cannae, she knows a fishing day and can't get out the door quick enough, whilst my wee, old Border Terrier has her nose pressed to the neighbours door as she knows she about to spoiled as surrogate grandkid ? (y)

Here's a pic, courtesy of Lamson V10, whilst fishing the bend round Neidpath Castle a week past Sat. The wee lass is just happy to sit there and watch me.:love:
nmt.jpg

keirstream

Reaction score
What was the best low water pool on the Teith bar none.
Sadly now well gone due to huge winter floods, gravel movement, beavers and anything else that destroys favourite pools.:(
Fond memories though.
I once got a phone call from the head keeper one early August in the middle of a summer drought.
6 inches on the river, don't know where it came from, he said.
Get your arse down here, Diana (Rigg) needs a fish, she's throwing a party this weekend.
Well, work interfered with play in those days but I managed down for 3 hours late afternoon and was going out with the wife for dinner that evening.
13ft Alltmor, floating line, size 10 cascade and 5 fish up to 23lb later, all splattered with long tailed sea lice, and fish delivered to the Big Hoose, a very happy boy went to dinner and got pi**ed.:D
Not anywhere near the best day, either. There were plenty like that and better. The Teith held its own with any river in Scotland back then.
But certainly the ones that just fall into your lap unexpectedly are the most memorable.
So, when I joined the forum back in the day, there really was only one choice.(y)

Horsbrugh

Reaction score
He’s actually a Patterdale terrier, absolutely loves to come fishing. He will sit and watch me all day. Likes to lend a hand with landing a fish but finds catch and release very disappointing.

That nice steam you were fishing Westie, down below Neidpath Castle is the Mary Bell.

westie4566

Reaction score
He’s actually a Patterdale terrier, absolutely loves to come fishing. He will sit and watch me all day. Likes to lend a hand with landing a fish but finds catch and release very disappointing.

That nice steam you were fishing Westie, down below Neidpath Castle is the Mary Bell.

My apologies for the bad dug spotting, Horsburgh! And thanks for the pool identification - it was a lovely bit of water to fish. I was just waiting for the pull all the way down.

Like you (I suspect) I marvel at why my dog loves fishing with me so much. After all, in general they just sit and watch all day long. Albeit the bimble along the river between pools.

Who are we to question what they like though.:)

Horsbrugh

Reaction score
My apologies for the bad dug spotting, Horsburgh! And thanks for the pool identification - it was a lovely bit of water to fish. I was just waiting for the pull all the way down.

Like you (I suspect) I marvel at why my dog loves fishing with me so much. After all, in general they just sit and watch all day long. Albeit the bimble along the river between pools.

Who are we to question what they like though.:)

No need to apologise Andy, it’s not easy to tell with the angle he is sitting at.
A good fishing dog is a perfect companion on the river bank. Mind you, one that is not happy sitting watching and goes off raking about would be a nightmare. Having a well trained dog makes such a difference, plus you can take them anywhere, knowing they are not going to embarrass you.
It’s funny how they can tell when you are going fishing. Archie notices right away if I go and get changed. He can even tell the difference between fishing clothes and shooting clothes. He just says in his bed when I put the shooting stuff on.

keirross

Reaction score
What was the best low water pool on the Teith bar none.
Sadly now well gone due to huge winter floods, gravel movement, beavers and anything else that destroys favourite pools.:(
Fond memories though.
I once got a phone call from the head keeper one early August in the middle of a summer drought.
6 inches on the river, don't know where it came from, he said.
Get your arse down here, Diana (Rigg) needs a fish, she's throwing a party this weekend.
Well, work interfered with play in those days but I managed down for 3 hours late afternoon and was going out with the wife for dinner that evening.
13ft Alltmor, floating line, size 10 cascade and 5 fish up to 23lb later, all splattered with long tailed sea lice, and fish delivered to the Big Hoose, a very happy boy went to dinner and got pi**ed.:D
Not anywhere near the best day, either. There were plenty like that and better. The Teith held its own with any river in Scotland back then.
But certainly the ones that just fall into your lap unexpectedly are the most memorable.
So, when I joined the forum back in the day, there really was only one choice.(y)

Ha yes, a November occasion when STV's 'Taggart' needed a big fresh silver fish up by Katrine... !

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
I don't even eat biscuits! My non de plume comes from a time when I would organise salmon fishing trips to Ireland and Scotland and take lodge accomodation. None of my fishing pals good cook so much as a piece of toast so each day I would prepare breakfast and dinner, hence the nickname came about.