Next swap.

Death_Shrimp

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like some good flies being produced!

I have mine nearly ready to send, I have 6 size 11 ghillies with squirrel wings and 6 of a family pattern- the comet on 20mm brass tubes.

Pictures to follow

Piker20

Reaction score
Okay folks, last full week of tying before the due date. I'll have some PMs out with the address to send to. Look forward to seeing some great flies.

GaryD

Reaction score
All done

Thats my 12 done, will be in post next day or so :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 135

Death_Shrimp

Banned
Reaction score
Here are my flies all ready.
0.jpg

First we have a Ghillie tied on a size 11 silver salar with JC eyes.
1.jpg

Next we have a comet on a 20mm brass tube with JC eyes. A fantastic backend fly this,
2.jpg

Here they are all ready to be sent in the post later on today
3.jpg

I hope everyone likes them! and if you don't get a fish on them you get your money back....:p

gwelsher

Reaction score
Nice flies D_S
Sorry guys I have the set of KS Shrimps done

DSCN1567.jpg

But I've had some problems finding time for the 2nd set so I am putting in a selection from ones on my desk. I will let Colin decide who gets what apart from the Currys Bug which is for Jockiescott.

DSCN1563.jpg

Jockiescott

Reaction score
I'm not going to argue with that Mr. W! :D

I'm struggling a wee bit myself but should get them finished tonight and posted tomorrow.

I have six done of the Botham's Fancy variants (right) and have three done of my second pattern based on the North American, Winter's hope (left).

Another couple of coats of varnish to the heads is required too.

I will confirm when they have been posted.

Heero

Reaction score
Sent mine out a couple days ago, guys. Usually takes a week or so to get over to your side so oughta be there around the due date.

Piker20

Reaction score
Well done to DeathShrimp. A superb set of flies arrived. The photos do them no justice.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
12 finished. A quick picture and then on their way to the post office this morning. Hopefully you'll have them on Monday piker!

Piker20

Reaction score
Gary W your flies arrived. Lovely set from yourself.
Every morning feels like Christmas now.

Piker20

Reaction score
Jockiescott your flies have arrived. Well actually the postie took them to the mother in laws as we were out, beauty of village life:rolleyes: Another fine set of flies.

GaryD

Reaction score
Sorry for delay gents, but flies posted 1st class today so should be there tmrw. Was intending on retying a couple of the guinea and yellows as heads were a bit big but didn't get time, given the standard of others' work was hoping to improve them but should still fish ok. :)

Piker20

Reaction score
Yes the quality is very good. So long as they appeal to the fish I'm happy.

Piker20

Reaction score
Gary D your flies arrives today. All great. I cant wait to swim the blue and yellow for sea trout.

Piker20

Reaction score
Heero your flies landed safely. That's them all repacked and back in the mail. The Easter weekend will prob slow things but let me know when they start arriving.

Piker20

Reaction score
I enjoy the swaps. This swap and the spring fly swap both surprised me with the overall tendency toward smaller sizes. Its something I've picked up on with my own tying and stocking policy.

gwelsher

Reaction score
Mine arrived this morning. Great set of flies, well done lads and Colin for organising. A quick group shot.

Swap.jpg

Jockiescott

Reaction score
My set of flies have arrived! :D

A more fantastic set of flies you could not wish for. Thanks to everyone who took part and many thanks to Piker20 for the running of the swap.

Death_Shrimp

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, my flies arrived through the letter box today, a lovely selection of certain killer patterns. Thank you Piker20! your efforts are very much appreciated.

Heero

Reaction score
I just got these yesterday. Been out of town for a while and all. They look super great, all of them. I especially like Death Shrimps tube. Thats one Im going to but in my box and produce more of for sure. A great patterm.