New toy

Neil W

Reaction score
IMG_0472.jpg
I was out using my new toy this morning. Sun out, casting nicely on the lawn when I had an enormous take on the orange lure from a big black cat. He fought hard with head shakes, jumped a couple of times before escaping. I was going to put him back anyway. Great fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neil W

Reaction score
It’s surprisingly good. Maybe looks a bit weird to the neighbours but I was practicing single handed Spey casting and it was ok. The cat fight was an unexpected bonus. He was lucky as if the guy opposite caught him he would probably get chapped for using his lovely gravel front garden as a giant litter tray

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Are you sure you've not been painting your nails with that pink bottle in the background :nod:

Neil W

Reaction score
As an update I had a longer session today. No cats around but I did some single Spey casting but single handed as the cork and rod are short. It worked very well.
I did spend some time just using my left hand. I am a really really bad left handed caster but was actually doing ok at the end so maybe an upside if I can get my brain used to casting of some sort with my left hand. Time will tell.
I did also hook a few bushes and got some tangles so pretty much the same as a normal days fishing

Last edited: