new rules on covid for Scotland

riverwhy

Reaction score
My son & i are due to be fishing the Tweed for a couple of days at end october. We both live in different houses in England. Does this mean we won't be able to travel in the same car once we cross the Scottish border? What do you think?

wormo

Reaction score
very possibly, but you you could both sit on the same bus with 30 other people ?

Elibank

Reaction score
My son & i are due to be fishing the Tweed for a couple of days at end october. We both live in different houses in England. Does this mean we won't be able to travel in the same car once we cross the Scottish border? What do you think?
Thanks for asking the question for me - my wife and I are on Upper Tweed in late October, and we have a cottage booked. An old friend is joining us on the Tuesday, staying until Saturday, and we have several friends fishing with us on various days throughout the week.
I had a sleepless night last night because I think we may be stymied now.

D

Deleted member 21259

When I tried to book my party on for this year after my favourite host in my favourite set of cottage lets stopped laughing she quite literally chased me and threatened me with blunt and sharp kitchen implements. For such a small woman she got a whoooooolllllllllleeeeee lorra aggression ?

mows

Reaction score
Thanks for asking the question for me - my wife and I are on Upper Tweed in late October, and we have a cottage booked. An old friend is joining us on the Tuesday, staying until Saturday, and we have several friends fishing with us on various days throughout the week.
I think with commercial accomodation in Scotland, you can share with one more house hold at a time.

JoeE

Reaction score

No more than 2 different households possibly so could mess up a lot of accommodation arrangements for some including myself

Elibank

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, the update in bold script is worrying, however..

F850AF56-55B3-4874-90AA-8A2EC38F049A.png

mows

Reaction score
Get them to serve you a bacon roll each morning.
Problem solved.

Oscar

Reaction score
I read it that sharing a car should be OK for two households, as there is no other (realsitic) option:

"You should try not to share a car with those outside your household or extended household. If you have no other option, you should follow the safe travel guidance at the Transport Scotland website."

Oscar.

Jock

Reaction score
On BBC Reporting Scotland tonight, Prof Jason Leitch made it very clear that it was only members from 1 household in Self - Catering accommodation. That will be my trip to the Deveron gone if that is the case and much damage done to self catering tourism in Scotland. I'll await the final legal clarification but it is no looking good for angling parties composed of different housholds fishing and staying in lodges etc for the rest of the season.

Jock

Reaction score
Now clarified at 11pm tonight by Fergus Ewing MSP. Only members from 1 household. There goes my fishing week☹️

riverwhy

Reaction score
hmm.. well my son and i are booked into a small cottage annexed to the hotel. We intend getting our food from the hotel restaurant.. though we'll probably eat it at the cottage. So, that's not S/C is it..?? Seems odd to single out self catering.. i assume if you are staying at a full-board hotel then several people from different households could share a room?? seems a bit daft...

mows

Reaction score
hmm.. well my son and i are booked into a small cottage annexed to the hotel. We intend getting our food from the hotel restaurant.. though we'll probably eat it at the cottage. So, that's not S/C is it..?? Seems odd to single out self catering.. i assume if you are staying at a full-board hotel then several people from different households could share a room?? seems a bit daft...
Like I said, get the hotel to give you a bacon roll in the morning.
Then its bed and breakfast.

Neil W

Reaction score
It looks as if the SNP attended the cobra meeting and as usual has to do something different from England just to say they are being different. They didn’t think this one through and the first advice was self catering was not included. That was unsustainable as it doesn’t make sense hence the complete u turn within 24 hours.
yet another fishing trip for me being effected although hopefully a reduced party will now be attending with One household per chalet rather than 2.

Elibank

Reaction score
Innerleithen?

andy345

Reaction score
Myself and 3 friends are due up on the 4th of October for our regular week - our normal self catering accommodation regrettably has had to be cancelled this week which left us slightly out on a limb. Luckily we managed to find well priced hotel accommodation close by so we can still keep the fishing, it’s costing us abit of extra money but we’re just pleased to be able to continue to fish.

Oscar

Reaction score
Myself and 3 friends are due up on the 4th of October for our regular week - our normal self catering accommodation regrettably has had to be cancelled this week which left us slightly out on a limb. Luckily we managed to find well priced hotel accommodation close by so we can still keep the fishing, it’s costing us abit of extra money but we’re just pleased to be able to continue to fish.

Not dissimilar to us. I suspect we'll have to eat on two tables of two though, which is slightly annoying, but bearable! Guess you'll be the same!

Oscar.

riverwhy

Reaction score
is there anyone having to cancel their fishing through the new rules who'd booked through fishpal, and if so, can you get a refund?

riverwhy

Reaction score
i'm unclear about what "new" rules Scotland have introduced..

i plan to be driving up to the Tweed from the south of England with my son, who lives separately from me.
We would be staying in shared self contained accomodation and will be eating takeaways. So, 2 of us from different households sharing the same accomodation, which isn't self catering. Is that ok or not? Don't want to get there and have plod knocking on the door!!

Last edited:

heather point

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think that is about as illegal as it gets. We had to cancel a trip in early September in a very similar situation.