Igaffz

Reaction score
Hi, it’s my first season salmon fishing although I’ve fly fished for trout most of my life, hoping to catch at least one salmon this year 😂
I’ll mostly be fishing the TAS water on the tyne.
Thanks for having me 👍🏻

cgaines10

Reaction score
Hi, it’s my first season salmon fishing although I’ve fly fished for trout most of my life, hoping to catch at least one salmon this year 😂
I’ll mostly be fishing the TAS water on the tyne.
Thanks for having me 👍🏻
Welcome :) they have some good water from what I hear. Best of luck :thumb:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum :thumb: a great place where you'll find plenty of advice, wit and banter :nod: oh and plenty of adverts for Thomas Turner :batty::batty:

Tightlines 🎣

Rrrr

Reaction score
Welcome, and for the tyne try a red fly as they seem to do really well.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MCXFisher

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum where you will find all manner of wit, wisdom and all else between. Keep a good sense of humour and a thick skin. Above all, remember that in salmon fishing there’s no such thing as a stupid question.

The Forum platform has a good search engine which helps you to research your questions: some of the historic threads are gold mines of information and wisdom.

If you want basic tips on fishing for salmon with a fly, have a look at Just One Week, which is specifically written for novices. Do take some casting lessons from a professional instructor; it will add so much enjoyment and save you much frustration.

Tight lines,

Markymac

Reaction score
Hi mate welcome to the site, hope you catch your first salmon this season on the Tyne

Hardyreels

Administrator
Reaction score
What sort would I be if not taking a moment to say Welcome to The Salmon Fishing Forum :) You won't bump into me this season due to a global travel restriction that will see me home chasing the silver here in Alaska but ... There's always next year they tell me.

This is a good bunch, a knowledgeable bunch and I believe we have some of the best tiers of fishing flies on the www right here. I have completely changed my tying over the past 8 years due to the influence of this forums fly tying sections.

Enjoy,

Ard