New light and magnifying glass

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Hi Billy Fish - what’s that set-up called - exactly what I need a bendy light and magnifier (my eyesight is getting terrible) - I’ll not tie at night time now unless it’s basic prep, as I just can’t see well enough. Cheers, Patrick

Slaneysider

Reaction score
My eyesight is deteriorating , when I really started noticing it is when I would go to cut the tinsel or wire and cut the thread instead, also I always use to be able to thread a fly at Dusk when I was trout fishing, not any more.
I blame too much time surfing the net and looking at the screen of the phone for alot of it.

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Top notch Colin, I've tied under light and lens since I was making #20 dry flies. Once I realized how much better I could tie up my salmon flies under it I tied everything under the lens for almost 30 years now. Smart looking business you have set up there.

billy fish

Reaction score
Hi Billy Fish - what’s that set-up called - exactly what I need a bendy light and magnifier (my eyesight is getting terrible) - I’ll not tie at night time now unless it’s basic prep, as I just can’t see well enough. Cheers, Patrick
Hi Patrick, it’s a Prolite FTL130. It was bought from FLYSHED (formerly Eyebrook Tackle Shop ) . There is a FTL100 model but the light isn’t so strong . 100 lumens as opposed to 130 lumens.. Hope this helps.