New - John Norris Ni1 Shooting Head

Richardgw

Reaction score
Browsing the latest John Norris sale leaflet I noticed their new Ni1 Shooting head which they say will cast any sink tip whatever length or weight!! Lines vary from 420 grains/29ft rated for switch to 660 grains/ 32ft rated 10/11.

From the blurb they seem to be a beefed up Rage or an extra long Skagit. Anyone body tried one yet?

John Norris Ni1 High Performance Shooting Head

inco

Reaction score
Why not phone them and also ask for the specification.I did this reference their Atlantic heads, which I understand ( although the did not actually say) are made by Rio.

Jimmcl

Reaction score
I bought one of these and carefully weighted & measured it. Mine is 34' long and weighs 43.75 grammes, so a bit longer and heavier than the specification for the 10/11. Having said that, I tried it yesterday on the Wye with 15' floating and sinking heads, and it was magnificent. I don't doubt what they say about having the power to throw any sort of fly, and I was holding it back a tiny bit to improve the turnover, yet it was still going further than a Rio AFS with the same heads. Presentation was good, and I didn't have to put any effort into the cast, just a smooth single spey sweep. Love it, and at £19 a pop, I'm going to put a spare in the cupboard for when they "Improve" it.

Rrrr

Reaction score
I bought one of these and carefully weighted & measured it. Mine is 34' long and weighs 43.75 grammes, so a bit longer and heavier than the specification for the 10/11. Having said that, I tried it yesterday on the Wye with 15' floating and sinking heads, and it was magnificent. I don't doubt what they say about having the power to throw any sort of fly, and I was holding it back a tiny bit to improve the turnover, yet it was still going further than a Rio AFS with the same heads. Presentation was good, and I didn't have to put any effort into the cast, just a smooth single spey sweep. Love it, and at £19 a pop, I'm going to put a spare in the cupboard for when they "Improve" it.
Cheers, are they a abit splashy or not too bad ? May order my dad one for the tyne.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

westie4566

Reaction score
Just ordered one for the 15' rod. Have a Rage Hover for it and it looks like this could be very similar. At that price it would be rude not to!

westie4566

Reaction score
Gave the new Ni8 head a throw for the first time yesterday. It's spot on and I would concur that it's very, very similar to the Rage!

Woodsy

Reaction score
Used one of these last here for a 13fter and now looking another for my switch. Can't find it on the website any more, has it been discontinued used?