New graphene Gaelforce rods

Bex

Reaction score
I’m one of the lucky few to have a Gaelforce Graphene rod.
I’ve a few of the original Destination series and really enjoy using them, lovely casting action and plenty of backbone to bring a fish to the net.
As to what you would compare them to, they are like Gaelforce as Hardy are like Hardy and Loop well they’re like Loop. You could find similarities across all brands.
All good but different depending on what you like and how deep your pockets are.
The new rods imo do have that little bit extra. I picked up the 14’6” 9/10 Graphene and find it a pleasure to use. From firing out an 83’ speyline on it to my perfect match the #10 hover line it handles them beautifully and with ease. The lines do match the rods perfectly as other manufacturers lines do theirs, but the one thing I have noticed this last few years is the amount of Gaelforce lines being matched to other manufacturers rods as the anglers preferred setup.
They are expensive as most top brands are these days but if you can justify it give them a go I don’t think they’ll disappoint.

Better mention I’m not connected with Gaelforce, I just enjoy using the gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rockpool

Reaction score
Is your 14’6” 9/10 graphene a Destination or an Equaliser ? Are you able to expand on the “little bit extra”?

Bex

Reaction score
Is your 14’6” 9/10 graphene a Destination or an Equaliser ? Are you able to expand on the “little bit extra”?[/

Destination, and to expand all I would say is it has plenty of power. Lifting long lines and sinking speylines this spring no problem.
But it retains feel, it’s not like a broom handle.
Playing a fish was really good, in control especially at the net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JoeE

Reaction score
Gaelforce lines being matched to other manufacturers rods as the anglers preferred setup.
I'd second this, after thinking na for along time, I picked up one instead of replacing my floating head on the 14ft, I now use 3 in different lengths for a 12ft, 14ft and 15ft rods, all 3 are guideline rods.

I have room for a 13ft so keeping an eye on the rods but again, everything you stated I can do exactly the same with any of the GL rods, so am kicking myself to see a reason to spend so much money. Am a pure tackle tart, if I get one I'll end up looking another.

I was wondering thought why the 4pcs come at 13' but the 6pc is 13' 6"

Last edited:

Salad Dodger

Reaction score
EFA8DE58-6D99-4D53-BC91-719CF36B85D1.jpeg

Yesterday, I became the proud father to my first ever Gaelforce rod 😎

Looking forward to giving this a try out next week 🎣🎣🎣