New graphene Gaelforce rods

rotenone

Reaction score
I guess they will be lighter and maybe faster recovery, I'm sure they will be incredible.

Hard to improve on perfection but then again James wouldnt put anything out unless it was a proven improvement.

I've never seen any gimmicks or marketing ploys with Gaelforce they don't need them, just good solid rods and the actions are consitent through the range and what I prefer powerful and progressive , basically if you pick one up and like it the rest of the range will suit for sure.

James said the actions and tapers are the same so expect absolutely cracking rods.

rotenone

Reaction score
So I should hang off buying a 14’6” equalizer🤔 how long a wait we talking here?
The 14.6 destination is the ultimate big river rod imho, in the 10/11 rating. It will do it everything love that rod was out casting Tay style shooting heads on it this evening and 50 yards casts were possible it's a beast of a rod

Last edited:

paddymc

Reaction score
The 14.6 destination is the ultimate big river rod imho, in the 10/11 rating. It will do it everything love that rod was out casting Tay style shooting heads on it this evening and 50 metre spey casts were easy it's a beast of a rod
Is that overhead casting rotenone ?

westie4566

Reaction score
Oh you old temptress Rotenone!! 😜

I've never owned a Gaelforce rod, but have had a good go with a Destination. It was pretty amazing.

I'm bored and shopping is fun at the moment:p

keirstream

Reaction score
Anyone heard of what he will do with the (eventual rods in Stock) ? Sale ?
I am hoping for a Huge discount on the old and now useless rods...😆😆☺️
He will do part exchange but in my experience you are better to deal with www.webuyanyrod.com
Great service, a valuation online within a minute which is reduced by half when you go to your appointment.:unsure:

Spey Salar

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks lighter and lighter rods aren't necessarily better and better? I'm certainly not a fan of rods so heavy a day of use becomes a chore, but at some point, lightness takes all the feel out of a rod in my opinion. I like my Gaelforce rods, but not sure I'd want them any lighter. Thoughts?

Last edited:

rotenone

Reaction score

Nó single spey cast to change direction then straight into powerful powerful jump roll. Special long cut shooting head around 16 metres and 40lb mono.
I purposely took that set up out to test against my 16 footers that I used to use those heads on early season in Norway yes you have to push the rod but it handle it.
Not a fishing set up or cast I would use on that rod but wanted to strain test the rod to its limits, I tested the rod against a 15 foot lts power powersink and a Bruce and walker tournament caster amongst others, I found no noticeable loss of distance even though the Gaelforce was 1foot 6 inches to 6inches shorter it's a monster of a rod.
40 yards with my 14 metre heads would be real world fishing casts

Last edited:

rotenone

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks lighter and lighter rods aren't necessarily better and better? I'm certainly not a fan of rods so heavy a day of use becomes a chore, but at some point, lightness takes all the feel out of a rod in my opinion. I like my Gaelforce rods, but not sure I'd want them any lighter. Thoughts?
All they are doing is removing material imho, yes the new resins make things lighter but I agree there is only so far you can go. I care only about balance and the weight is where is should on my current rods
We are talking fractions, the old 3 piece loomis glx was a light rod, no matter what the marketing experts say, the benefits of the new resins don't make a better casting rod in reality that's down to the blank design

rotenone

Reaction score
Anyone on this thread familiar with casting the 13'9" Destination six piece rods?
My favourite rod of all time, its a wolf in sheep's clothing, brilliant with 39 gram to 42 gram shooting heads.
Will handle a 550 grain skagit with tapered 15 foot spey tips 9 to 11 grams.

Amazing with a next cast zone 500 grain and Gaelforce 15 foot tips. It's light powerful, but needs a heavier line it's closer to a 9/10 in power rating imho.

It will leave you questioning if you ever. Need a longer rod it's that good

keirstream

Reaction score
Anyone on this thread familiar with casting the 13'9" Destination six piece rods?
I have had the 9/10 for 4 years now. It is quite simply **the finest travel rod you will find on the market**.
Power, punch and performance all there in spades. Backbone enough to bully the biggest on ornery King you could ever dream of handling.
Teamed up with the Danielsson Control 8-13 and you have a World class combination comfortably capable of making you well at home anywhere
in the world. In hand it's the finest piece of kit you could ever imagine.(y)
But, of course, don't just listen to me, listen also to others on here who have that particular rod.
For good measure, I also have the Destination 14ft 6 in and the 11ft 9 in versions as well as the Equalizer in 14ft and 13ft.
I wouldn't trade any of them.
I don't have the newer 13ft 6in Equalizer as I have the Zenith which is a Classic also and am currently fishing to destruction.:D

Caveat. **In my honest opinion**

keirstream

Reaction score
Any info regarding prices on the Graphene version of the Gaelforces´ ?
Going to be £250 to £300 more expensive than the Equalizer versions.
James fished the prototypes all last season until he was happy to sign them off.
Disappointed, of course, that he couldn't get his normal 3-4 weeks in Norway but did some serious road testing here I can assure you.
They are sure to be winners in their own niche market Henrik but it will take a crowbar to wrestle my existing rods out of my hands.:D

Henke

Reaction score
Going to be £250 to £300 more expensive than the Equalizer versions.
James fished the prototypes all last season until he was happy to sign them off.
Disappointed, of course, that he couldn't get his normal 3-4 weeks in Norway but did some serious road testing here I can assure you.
They are sure to be winners in their own niche market Henrik but it will take a crowbar to wrestle my existing rods out of my hands.:D
Thanks ! (y)

rotenone

Reaction score
All they are doing is removing material imho, yes the new resins make things lighter but I agree there is only so far you can go. I care only about balance and the weight is where is should on my current rods
We are talking fractions, the old 3 piece loomis glx was a light rod, no matter what the marketing experts say, the benefits of the new resins don't make a better casting rod in reality that's down to the blank design
My. Experience is with the 8/9