New gear, new pb!

sneakypeter

Reaction score
I treated myself to a new prawning setup, christened it in style today, a very feisty 18lb cock ,leapt 3 times and ran me a right merry dance for what seemed like ages, but was probably 15/20minutes. Forearm aching, but pleased as punch.
About 10 minutes later, hooked a 2nd fish, another decent "double", but the hook pulled after a minute or so,DOH. an hour later hooked another fish, again really strong, dogged scrap, 14lb hen fish, one very happy bunny. The fishing on the chalkstreams has been very quiet, very few fish about, so really pleased to find a few, at last, hopefully more to come!
peter

marty31

Reaction score
sounds as if you have had a "canny" day! when the prawn (shrimp) is on it is on, you have to make the most of it when it is:);) thing is with it, ether every fish in the river wants it, or nothing in the whole river will give it a second glance, however you have too "make hay when the sun shines" so to speak! and you did, and I don't blame you one bit:) not get any photos ???

sneakypeter

Reaction score
Marty, piccies were taken, got a couple with me holding the 18lber, not the best shots, but done in a rush, always tricky, had the fish out of the water for 20seconds max, better ones of the fish being held in the water prior to release, but deep water, high banks, not easy. Fish 1st in my book, the 14lber, very quick snap in the grass then back in.
I would love a decent trophy shot with one of these magnificent Test fish, but bankside conditions and opportunities to get in the water with them rarely coincide, one day, but the memories live long, good enough for me!
peter