New Fly Swap

Canewizard

Reaction score
Phew... Mission accomplished. Off to the batmobil.

Just in case anybody wants to know:
Butt: green fluo floss
Tag: gold wire
Tail: black+orange bucktail, krystal flash, fire orange fox, red cock fibres
Body: chinese red floss, gold wire
Middle "hackle": mixed squirrel ( natural, orange, pink)
Body: gold tinsel, gold wire
Front hackle: claret cock
Head: chinese red floss

Well, I've learned a lot...

-less is more sometimes, esp if you have to tie 10
-with lots of materials use thinner thread
-no need to finish with red floss, if you're using orange thread
- bit of superglue if tinsel is slipping.

Thx for the opportunity and your support.

Cheers, Steve

GaryD

Reaction score
Nearly there! GrassyKnollington and Wormo, your flies arrived today and both sets look great :)

Craig, thanks for enclosing the flying c's, and thanks Scott for the couple of extra flies.

Only a few to go then they'll be back out to you all asap.

billy fish

Reaction score
Fly swap

Sorry got held up today and missed the post.
All ready to post first thing tomorrow.

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

I love using dfm materials and used some that I dyed myself.
The last picture is the same fly as the middle picture with a uv torch shining on it.
Colin

GaryD

Reaction score
JockieScott and billy fish, your flies arrived today and are both crackers, swap is really looking good :D
Only canewizard and faughanpurple's to come now and hopefully they'll be here in next day or so and I'll get them sorted and back out by start of next week.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
JockieScott and billy fish, your flies arrived today and are both crackers, swap is really looking good :D
Only canewizard and faughanpurple's to come now and hopefully they'll be here in next day or so and I'll get them sorted and back out by start of next week.

Ah that's always a relief to hear. Glad they arrived safely.

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
The extra materials arrived and made good head way this morning but 3 left to tie. Has anyone else tried to get jungle cock recently?? no joy:(

They'll be in the post Monday morning, I'm off to enjoy the market festivities for the rest of the afternoon :D:D

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
The extra materials arrived and made good head way this morning but 3 left to tie. Has anyone else tried to get jungle cock recently?? no joy:(

They'll be in the post Monday morning, I'm off to enjoy the market festivities for the rest of the afternoon :D:D

Me too, kicking myself for not buying a couple of capes in a closing down sale last year

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
Me too, kicking myself for not buying a couple of capes in a closing down sale last year

Same, should have stocked up in the summer too. Saw them at the fair a few weeks ago, quality didn't reflect the price so left them where there were..... 1 lasts me an incredibly long time but need to get looking again in the new year.

GaryD

Reaction score
Quick update, still waiting on 2 sets of flies which I think have been posted so shouldn't be much longer before I can send them back out.

Re GrassyKnollington's flies, if you have a preference for either colour let me know and I'll try to accomodate everyone, JockieScott, GWelsher and FaughanPurple already claimed grey versions!

Last edited:

GaryD

Reaction score
Canewizard, your flies arrived today and they look the part :D, and thanks for the extras, will pop them in my flee box for next year.
Just waiting on FP's which should be here next day or so and hopefully get them out Monday/Tuesday.

GaryD

Reaction score
Drumroll please.......... Flies are all in! :D
FaughanPurple's arrived today and they look great, cracking coneheads (and thanks for the extras), so we have a diverse selection this month which would grace any fly box (see pic) :cool:
Will get them sorted and out at the start of next week.
Think I'm only missing one address so if wormo can pm me that would be good.
Gary

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

GaryD

Reaction score
That's the flies all posted so should be arriving on your doorsteps in the next couple of days :D

Will be starting a new swap in January so anyone interested can pre-register now.

I'll also take this opportunity to wish you all a great Christmas and Hogmanay, hope Santa's good to you!

Gary

Jockiescott

Reaction score
That's the flies all posted so should be arriving on your doorsteps in the next couple of days :D

Will be starting a new swap in January so anyone interested can pre-register now.

I'll also take this opportunity to wish you all a great Christmas and Hogmanay, hope Santa's good to you!

Gary

The same to you Gary! Thanks for all you've done in organising the swaps in 2016 and hopefully 2017 will be just as successful. Best wishes to yourself and all you hold dear.

The same goes for everyone else involved in the swaps, the fly tying section and the forum in general! A Happy Christmas one and all!!! :)

gwelsher

Reaction score
Wow. Flies arrived today and what a great selection :D:D
They will definitely be used next season and if there are any fish about they will do some damage.
Thanks to all the contributors and Gary for organising.
Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year to all.

billy fish

Reaction score
Fly swap

Flies arrived today . A well tied and fishy selection. Thanks to all who contributed and a special thanks to Gary for organising and running.
Colin.

Slaneybs

Reaction score
Keeping fingers crossed that they make it across the Irish Sea - likely to make here on Monday I hope.

Lancsflyman

Reaction score
My flies came today, a very nice selection:)
Thanks for all that took part & a special thanks to Gary for organising the fly swap.
Merry Christmas.

Slaneybs

Reaction score
Christmas post is usually a good excuse for non arrival of letters and as we don’t have a Saturday delivery in Ireland I was hoping to see them on Monday. A small xmass miracle has occurred as they arrived this afternoon - we have a Saturday delivery the week before Xmass!

Great pack - thanks to all. Very interesting to see the variety of patterns and styles and all very fishy. I will have to get a few days on a non C&R river to give the doubles a spin as we are tied to single barbless hooks on most of my usual haunts.

In particular, thanks to Gary for all the arranging, chasing etc.