New Fly Swap

GaryD

Reaction score
Fly Swap November 2016

Below is a list of the 10 participants in the November swap.

As usual, each of us ties 10 of one pattern, posts them to me (I'll pm everyone my address shortly) with a SAE and I sort them out and post them back ensuring we all get one of each (incl one of your own for those of us who like to keep the collections together).

No theme for this one, tie what you like whether its hooks or tubes, just so long as its guaranteed to catch the silver tourists:p. Once you've decided what you're doing pop a pic on this thread and aim to get them to me by 30th November.

Canewizard
Jockiescott
gwelsher
FaughanPurple
wormo
Lancsflyman
billy fish
Grassy_Knollington
Slaneybs
Garyd

Thanks to everyone for getting involved, and look forward to seeing everyone's flys soon.

Last edited:

mc andy

Reaction score
I have to much going on at the minute Gary but wish you well for this one.

To any newbie to the forum give this a bash as it's a great way to improve your tying skills and get a view of other people's tying at close quarters.

Last edited:

Lets Tackle Cancer

Reaction score
When you try this again Gary, I would put up a prize in aid of lets tackle cancer.
We have done it before on FFF and it worked pretty good. if we all put in one extra fly each a extra set canbe auctioned for LTC.
Might make it a little more interesting

Heero

Reaction score
Id love to, Gary. Ive just too much going on at the moment.

Hey, Lets Tackle Cancer, remember when I put that fly box up for you that no one bid on? I ended up donating to a Project Healing Waters auction and someone spent $100 (genuine Merkan monies) on it. So not a total loss.

Canewizard

Reaction score
Hi Gary,

I'd be happy to join, if you can find enough participants. Also not a problem to tie one extra in aid of charity. Would prolly tie some kind of shrimp pattern (tube or double)

Cheers,

Steve

GaryD

Reaction score
Seasons over and nights are drawing in, so why not spend a few hours tying 10 of your favourite fly in exchange for the favourite of 10 other SFF members? You'll get a good mix of patterns, with some classics and maybe even something you've never seen/thought about, so who's up for it? :)

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Aye why not! It might be the boot in the rear end that I need to get back to the vice. Haven't tied in ages and really lost the bug. Might be just what I need. Not sure what I'm tying yet but I'll think of something.

wormo

Reaction score
ive started mine its gonna be franc n snaeldas similar to the ones i posted a couple days ago, but with black nickle cones

Attachments

• 20161115_193925.jpg
    20161115_193925.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 159

Jockiescott

Reaction score
I'm going to do this Mish Mash of a thing for the swap.

Shape of a cascade, with a bit of lean towards the colours of a Willy Gunn, combined with colours of a T&L which altogether just looks like a bit of a longtail Glenfarclas variant! :eek:

Ah well, here it is:

Last edited:

GaryD

Reaction score
With the last 2 joining via the thread and canewizard confirming by pm we have the 10!

Jockiescott and wormo, glad to see you're so organised having already picked a pattern :) I haven't decided yet, but given current obsession with irish shrimps it'll be one of them.

Will amend this post with list of all particpants at start asap, meantime why don't we say all flies to be completed and posted by 30th Nov? Regarding patterns, first swap of the tying season so go for it and tie what you like, tubes, hooks, whatever. That way we should all get a good selection.
Gary

gwelsher

Reaction score
As it will be next season before they are used I will do one of me early season go to flies. Chartreuse & Black flamethrower.

CandB FT.jpg

Canewizard

Reaction score
Gonna tie something similar to this, but on a golden salar double. Not really an early season pattern tho, but that's secondary, I guess or hope...

Cheers, Steve

P.s.: Really looking forward to this, it's a first for me.