New fishing transport for next year.......................

Wafty Cranker

Reaction score
Bought this bad boy for some bass and pollock fishing round our local coasts, can't wait to get the thing out for a day at bass with fly rod. Will be next year now though (if we are not still in lockdown that is!!)

Attachments

• P1010182.JPG
    P1010182.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 146
  • P1010183.JPG
    P1010183.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 155
  • P1010184.JPG
    P1010184.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 145
  • P1010193.JPG
    P1010193.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 137

Wafty Cranker

Reaction score
Thats a bad boy :)
A hole for a rod one side and another hole the other side obviously for a beer :LOL:
Just make sure you know what you are doing with tides wind etc. The sea can be an unforgiving place
Will be extremely careful for sure, no heroics from me(y) no beer at sea either, not in a one piece dry suit anyway?

Rrrr

Reaction score
I like the idea of a kayak but rekon i would be a big sacredy cat when it came time to take it out in the sea
They look like awesome bits of kit and i wonder if any of the larger trout fisheries like blagdon, keilder etc allow them on ?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

tadpole

Reaction score
Bought this bad boy for some bass and pollock fishing round our local coasts, can't wait to get the thing out for a day at bass with fly rod. Will be next year now though (if we are not still in lockdown that is!!)
Ive got the outback same idea as you havnt used it yet will have to wait for some calm weather.

Wafty Cranker

Reaction score
I like the idea of a kayak but rekon i would be a big sacredy cat when it came time to take it out in the sea
They look like awesome bits of kit and i wonder if any of the larger trout fisheries like blagdon, keilder etc allow them on ?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Not sure of trout fisheries, i know a few pike fisheries allow them on mate.

Wafty Cranker

Reaction score
Ive got the outback same idea as you havnt used it yet will have to wait for some calm weather.
What model is it tadpole, mine is a 2019 model, also have an electric motor with mine as well as the mirage drive, so 3 forms of propulsion if you include the paddles(y)

Wafty Cranker

Reaction score
That’s a nice yak, I’ve just been looking in the garage at mine, I’ve got to get one of them back on the water next year
Yak fishing is all new to me Karl, so next year is my first. I take it you have more than one then?

tadpole

Reaction score
What model is it tadpole, mine is a 2019 model, also have an electric motor with mine as well as the mirage drive, so 3 forms of propulsion if you include the paddles(y)
Mlnes the Hobie outback 2017 but havnt got the 180 reverse im just in process of doing the electric drive, See you got the pro angler with a trailer I was looking at them but settled for the outback which I can car top.

Wafty Cranker

Reaction score
Mlnes the Hobie outback 2017 but havnt got the 180 reverse im just in process of doing the electric drive, See you got the pro angler with a trailer I was looking at them but settled for the outback which I can car top.
Mine is an Outback 2019 model, bought it with the trailer and electric drive unit, it turns on a sixpence using the electric motor positioned where the mirage drive sits. What are you doing for the electric drive?

tadpole

Reaction score
Mine is an Outback 2019 model, bought it with the trailer and electric drive unit, it turns on a sixpence using the electric motor positioned where the mirage drive sits. What are you doing for the electric drive?
Got a watersake trolling motor and im after a cassette which are hard to get in uk so might have to get one sent from outside uk unless one pops up here what battery is on yours for the motor.

tadpole

Reaction score
Thought it was a pro angler the trailer threw me can see now its the new outback looks great lot more toys, You should get a good runtime with them two batteries also very handy that you have reverse with the flick of a button some great reviews on youtube about the outback.

Wafty Cranker

Reaction score
Thought it was a pro angler the trailer threw me can see now its the new outback looks great lot more toys, You should get a good runtime with them two batteries also very handy that you have reverse with the flick of a button some great reviews on youtube about the outback.
Yes, the batteries will do a whole long day no problem seemingly, it really is a great set up with the motor and having reverse at flick of buton is brilliant for sure, let me know how you get on with your motor(y)