New boots for 2021

Rrrr

Reaction score
I tend to switch between felt and vibram depending on where im fishing. On the coquet felt is a bad idea as theres alot of muddy banks to traverse.
On the tyne i prefer felt as the wadings quite arkward with big smooth stones.

Its a shame no one does a really good combi sole with the best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

gweb

Reaction score
I tend to switch between felt and vibram depending on where im fishing. On the coquet felt is a bad idea as theres alot of muddy banks to traverse.
On the tyne i prefer felt as the wadings quite arkward with big smooth stones.

Its a shame no one does a really good combi sole with the best of both worlds.

I had a pair of cheap bootfoot neoprene's once, that had felt on the sole and rubber tread on the heel. The felt was ok for slimy rocks and the heel dug in on the muddy tracks. Unfortunately they didn't last long the rubber perished and cracked on the boots after two seasons.
But you're right. It was pretty much the best of both worlds.

Rrrr

Reaction score
I had a pair of cheap bootfoot neoprene's once, that had felt on the sole and rubber tread on the heel. The felt was ok for slimy rocks and the heel dug in on the muddy tracks. Unfortunately they didn't last long the rubber perished and cracked on the boots after two seasons.
But you're right. It was pretty much the best of both worlds.
I had the same years ago, think mine were john norris neoprenes.

bankwheel

Reaction score
I like both soles, felt for the summer when rocks are slimey but for all other times it’s rubber and studs. Ha try wearing felt soles when there is snow on the ground and you will grow 4”. Dangerous for bank fishing but good on slippery stones. I have a 2 x Simms and 2 x Patagonia boots both excellent, need to sell one pair of Patagonia boots as they are too big

chrishconnolly

Reaction score
Okay so let's take a page out of the bass fishers diary and see what pitfalls there are.
Being an all-round angler and coach I always look at different aspects of angling equipment and all the essential clobber that goes with it.
So what do we pay for a decent pair of wading boots £100 £150 £200+
I will admit that I have a pair of orvis pro boots which are great I have to say but I keep those for my breathable orvis pro waders.
Winter comes along and I get out the neoprenes for the grayling fishing and do the orvis boots come out. Nope I have s £20 pair of Dunlop work boots coupled with a set of studs.
Now I can throw these away every spring and buy new ones for 10 years before I get anywhere near the cost of the orvis ones.
I have used them for a couple of years now and are still showing no signs of wear.
It might be the Scotsman shining through here but like all forms of clothing we get ripped off for a name and alot of the tackle tarts among us just pay up.
My penneth worth for a Sunday morning.