Name the UK rivers that you have caught a salmon from....(this is not a who's got the biggest ego competition)....just an interesting one

iainmortimer

Reaction score
Eachaig
Aberdeenshire Dee
Tay
Loch Naver
Mudale

Although not UK it is on the island of Ireland and so; Munster Blackwater

No catch:
Welsh Usk
Hampshire Avon
Test
Wye

Last edited:

Rennie

Reaction score
Tay
Isla
Ericht
Dee
Spey
Tweed
Nith
Ribble
Lune
Teifi
Honourable mentions in failing go to, a day on the Ure on a Forum meet, a solitary appearance on the Eden, several embarrassments on the Tummel, a reet and continual mauling on the Tyne and a few paddling about sessions on the Ettrick when the Tweed was flooded.
Pedro.

nickolas

Reaction score
Itchen
Tamar
Wye
Wyre
Dudden
Derwent
Laggan
Blackwater
Ling
Borgie
Naver
Halladale
Thurso
Connon
Casley
Tweed
North Tyne
North Esk
Spey
Dee
Lune
Alness
stincher
Fowey
Findhorn

Last edited:

ejr

Reaction score
Shin
Spey
Don
Dee
North Esk
Tay
Tummel
Teith
Ettrick
Tweed
Whitadder
Laggan (Islay)

mikh

Reaction score
River Allan
Awe
River Clyde
Dee
River Forth
Leven
North Esk
Tay
Teith
Tunnel

Didn’t realise i’d caught in so many rivers

Mikh

pjthunt

Reaction score
Eden
Ribble
Severn
Teifi
Welsh Dee
Aberdeenshire Dee
Tweed
Spey
Tay
Tummel
Alness
Borgie
Inver
Kirkaig
Varragill.
Saw that you have had fish from both the Inver and the Kirkaig both rivers that I am determined to fish one day. I suspected that you might be from Cheshire when I saw the user name "Birkin" and I was right. I used to live in the area years ago, but moved to The Netherlands more than 40 years ago, but under normal circumstances get back to the UK about six times a year.

Birkin

Reaction score
Saw that you have had fish from both the Inver and the Kirkaig both rivers that I am determined to fish one day. I suspected that you might be from Cheshire when I saw the user name "Birkin" and I was right. I used to live in the area years ago, but moved to The Netherlands more than 40 years ago, but under normal circumstances get back to the UK about six times a year.
As an engineer I nearly moved to the Netherlands 50 years ago after finishing my apprenticeship. I am a member of the now Bollin and Birkin Anglers Association and the club was to celebrate its 150th anniversary last year which was curtailed by Covid19. The Inver and the Kirkaig are great rivers given water and the Kirkaig is a wild and rugged river and need a certain level of fitness to get the best from it. If you ever get the chance also try the Borgie.

pjthunt

Reaction score
Just had a look at the Borgie and it does look nice. I have ruled out in my mind the Kirkaig as I have had two knee replacements and I did walk some of the beat up from the road bridge and realised that it was perhaps a tad too far for me. It's part of getting old I suppose, but that doesn't stop me dreaming. I am back over to o the UK next week and will be focussing on mid Wales (Dovey and the Dysynni), but it has been a poor year for me, but hoping for a touch more luck while I am across

Fruin

Reaction score
Leven
Endrick
Fruin
Clyde
Teith
Nith
Stinchar
Orchy
Awe
Laggan