Name on rod

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
You can buy a paint pen if you are confident and can write neat. Or you can make your own decals here. Don't order anything other than the large ones or you won't be able to read it. Sizes given are of transfer size and not letter size. Either way a coat if epoxy finish will need to go over the top mate.

Bonito

Reaction score
Was thinking about getting a name put on a rod, how would you go about doing this please ?
Most of the sticky back ones tend to be a wee bit bulky. I`ve got a waterslide printer which is as thin as you get. Can do you the decals if you let me know what. Can only do them in metallic blue, silver or gold mind you. Need a coat of resin over the top when on.
P1140870.JPG

rodbender

Reaction score
Most of the sticky back ones tend to be a wee bit bulky. I`ve got a waterslide printer which is as thin as you get. Can do you the decals if you let me know what. Can only do them in metallic blue, silver or gold mind you. Need a coat of resin over the top when on.View attachment 52768
This is a rod Stan refurbished for me and replaced all the old lettering!
IMG_20201120_164856.jpg

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Had a couple over the years, one from USA and this one from Italy. With carriage approx £300 -£500, depends on seller. No longer made so get them on E Bay. ALPS waterslide laser printer. ALPS (American Laser Printer Systems [I think])
Thanks Stan

glenelg100

Reaction score
Most of the sticky back ones tend to be a wee bit bulky. I`ve got a waterslide printer which is as thin as you get. Can do you the decals if you let me know what. Can only do them in metallic blue, silver or gold mind you. Need a coat of resin over the top when on.View attachment 52768
Thankyou very much that would be great, I was just thinking of putting my name on the rod and the metal tube if that’s ok

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I have a few ideas for my build (Winter Project) . My daughters do a bit of calligraphy/ hand engraving so I'm tasking them with doing some customisation /personalisation on mine.

Will share the results when completed
I think that's the way forward. I tried to get my young lass who's very arty to write on my rods. She was like no way.

Andrew B

Reaction score
There’s a real skill to writing on rods. There’s a shop at St Asaph called Foxtons who have been building Winston rods for years for about half the price. Mr Foxton has got it down to a tee.
Might be an idea to get an old rod and look to practice to get that classy look down?