My own designed 12'9

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
This is the last of my sample fly nano blanks.
Its a 12'9" 9/10 five piece.
The blank looks near black unless under light then you can see a discrete blue sparkle. I tried to get a close up pic to show it.
I've used a few different corks for this build and really like the purple finish on it.
The butt is full burnt with nightfall rings a purple highlights. The top handle fades from burnt into flor into nightfall with purple highlights.
I've fitted a down locking alps trilock reel seat.
I've also used blue rubberised cork for the ball on butt and tops/bottoms of handles.
20210212_184550.jpg
20210212_184610.jpg
20210212_184600.jpg
20210212_184700.jpg
20210212_184745.jpg
20210212_184917.jpg
20210212_185514.jpg

Walleye

Reaction score
That's some talent you've got there.
Might be a good idea to sign your rods (couldn't see if you had) as if you sell them or gift them or hand them down through family, it'll be clear to all who made these beautiful things.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
That's some talent you've got there.
Might be a good idea to sign your rods (couldn't see if you had) as if you sell them or gift them or hand them down through family, it'll be clear to all who made these beautiful things.
Been thinking about getting myself a logo designed mate. This will be a demo rod. I've got 10 of these blanks being made right now although all my rods from now on will be finished in a raw carbon black. They look black until you look close.
Heres what they look like
IMG-20210204-WA0024.jpeg
IMG-20210204-WA0019.jpeg
IMG-20210204-WA0021.jpeg

Walleye

Reaction score
Been thinking about getting myself a logo designed mate. This will be a demo rod. I've got 10 of these blanks being made right now although all my rods from now on will be finished in a raw carbon black. They look black until you look close.
Heres what they look like
View attachment 56978View attachment 56980View attachment 56981
With the finishing colours, surely any brand would be "Flying Scotsman".

Pretty sure you can get transfers made pretty cheap to put whatever you want on there. It's fairly straightforward to digitise your signature for example and most printing firms can do this.
The "Flying Scotsman" logo and your signature would be a lovely finishing touch.

I need a few stars to line up to make a bit more time and space available but am hoping to start making my own rods next winter. The flag of County Durham is blue and yellow so I'm thinking of using that as a colour scheme, inspired by your own skills and fantastic use of colour.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
With the finishing colours, surely any brand would be "Flying Scotsman".

Pretty sure you can get transfers made pretty cheap to put whatever you want on there. It's fairly straightforward to digitise your signature for example and most printing firms can do this.
The "Flying Scotsman" logo and your signature would be a lovely finishing touch.

I need a few stars to line up to make a bit more time and space available but am hoping to start making my own rods next winter. The flag of County Durham is blue and yellow so I'm thinking of using that as a colour scheme, inspired by your own skills and fantastic use of colour.
You co. Durham boys like your salmon fishing and custom rods. I've helped reedwarbler on here build a custom rod and im building Chris1 on here a custom rod too and they both co. Durham Boys.
Lamson suggested using TFS as logo.
Give me a shout when you thinking of building and I will see if I can help you out Walleye

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I much prefer the look of the raw carbon blank 👍 what sizes are they coming in TFS

ARNOLD
I've ordered
10 x 11ft 7wt Switchs
10 x 12’9 9/10
10 x 13’6 9/10
10 x 10ft 15-40g spinners
10 x 10’6 15-40g spinners
I've also designed 4 more sample blanks and ordered
2 x 10ft #7 single handers for grilse
2 x 12'2 #7
2 x 13ft 8/9
And 2 x 9ft 5g-20g tip action spinners.
I will need to build the samples once they arrive and test them make sure im Happy with action etc. before ordering 10 of each of them.
I will have demo rods of each size so everyone can have a shot of them to see if they like them.
You welcome to a shot Arnold. I've got 2 12'9 demos this one and the other one Chris Connelly is putting through its paces at the mo. And I got 2 13'6 demos and a 14'9 you fancy a shot mate.