My Great Pal

keirstream

Reaction score
Me and my great pal Dennis Canavan at our mutual great friend and political motivator Henry Dawson's funeral today.
We reminisced over our trials, tribulations and fun together, all 3 of us during the 1974 election trail and beyond. :cool:
We weeped for the 4 children he lost.:(
What a great man.
If ever anyone deserved the description of working class hero it most certainly is my pal Dennis.(y)
DennisnMe.jpg

keirstream

Reaction score
Sorry for the loss of your chum Tom. Nae easy to lose one so close.
There is nothing surer in life as death Andy. It's inevitable.
Today was a funeral that I really enjoyed, the eulogy by Henry's son John which was a joy to listen to, the reading by his grand daughter
and Ave Maria sung by his eldest grand daughter who sings for the English Operatic Society. Not a dry eye in the kirk. And, of course, our own memories of a great friend. Truly an unforgettable experience. (y)
Then, catching up with Dennis again and reminiscing about our many campaigns together, the 3 of us.
A great way to send off a friend and comrade.:cool:

Catch the moments as they fly
and use them as you ought man.
Believe me happiness is shy
and comes not aye when sought, man.

westie4566

Reaction score
There is nothing surer in life as death Andy. It's inevitable.
Today was a funeral that I really enjoyed, the eulogy by Henry's son John which was a joy to listen to, the reading by his grand daughter
and Ave Maria sung by his eldest grand daughter who sings for the English Operatic Society. Not a dry eye in the kirk. And, of course, our own memories of a great friend. Truly an unforgettable experience. (y)
Then, catching up with Dennis again and reminiscing about our many campaigns together, the 3 of us.
A great way to send off a friend and comrade.:cool:
That is very, very true Tom. It's still a burden to bear when it happens, mind. Sounds like you, and the family gave your old friend the best of send offs, and for that I'm sure they would have been truly grateful.
:love: