My Favourite Place

carbisdale caster

Reaction score
Here's one of mine

Had to resort to photobuggerit as the new uploady thing is being tiresome (uploads in landscape despite being taken in portrait mode and no way of rotating the pic)

jimbo220

Reaction score
nith

One of my favourite throws

Pity theres na fish in it :(

Hopefully better this year ? :)

bassfly

Reaction score
From Photobucket as thats where I found it.

The mountain was covered in cloud the first time I went to the Conuma River, Vancouver Island, BC, but cleared in the afternoon to reveal this great vista.
Picture taken from the river near the hatchery.

AlanT

Reaction score
I don't have a favourite fishing place yet - I like all the bits I've fished - but this is my favourite place to be: up high in the Peak District, with the dogs.

I love the peak district, always have a weeks holiday down there every year, around Ashford in the Water / Bakewell / Little Longstone. Cant wait to get back down this year.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I don't have a favourite fishing place yet - I like all the bits I've fished - but this is my favourite place to be: up high in the Peak District, with the dogs.

I love the peak district, always have a weeks holiday down there every year, around Ashford in the Water / Bakewell / Little Longstone. Cant wait to get back down this year.

My stomping ground! It's very, very beautiful around here.

My boy likes feeding the trout in Bakewell. :rolleyes:

rodbender

Reaction score
Sunset

Sunset Motherwell with ben Lomond and ben Arthur in the distance. DSC00180.jpg

AlanT

Reaction score
For trout Loch Na Glas Choille half way up Ben Klibreck in Sutherland. Total solitude and beauty.

For Salmon, this is my favourite run on the Teviot, picture taken in freezing fog.

kingfisher

Stay Safe
Reaction score
[My stomping ground! It's very, very beautiful around here.

My boy likes feeding the trout in Bakewell. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I have relatives that stay not too far from Bakewell and recall the first time I saw those rainbows in the river around the pedestrian bridge.

Huge fish Rising and feeding on a hatch of - white bread !!

Wonder if they would take an olive lol

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I have relatives that stay not too far from Bakewell and recall the first time I saw those rainbows in the river around the pedestrian bridge.

Huge fish Rising and feeding on a hatch of - white bread !!

Wonder if they would take an olive lol

They eat anything. I can personally vouch for Tic Tacs, raisins and bread. :eek:

Often wonder what they'd taste like. Probably not all that great, given their diet.

AlanT

Reaction score
They eat anything. I can personally vouch for Tic Tacs, raisins and bread. :eek:

Often wonder what they'd taste like. Probably not all that great, given their diet.

I can vouch for chips!

I stayed in a cottage a mile upstream of the town centre and there were some beautiful specimens rising to the fly away from the tourists. I may or may not have inadvertently caught one or two...ahem cough cough!

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I can vouch for chips!

I stayed in a cottage a mile upstream of the town centre and there were some beautiful specimens rising to the fly away from the tourists. I may or may not have inadvertently caught one or two...ahem cough cough!

They rise to the fly among the tourists too.

I'd never stand on that busy footpath through to the park, casting away.

Glad some folk do though - good to watch.

Durham Ranger

Reaction score

I was fishing in Bakewell just below the pack horse bridge about 15 years ago early evening in June when I noticed sprkles in the flow passing me - followed them upstream unable to make sense of them - arriving at the pack horse bridge to see a brown trout - about 6lb - had a 2lb rainbow tight up against the middle pier and was methodically beating the living daylights out of it with its gill plates - the sparkles, were of course scales.

I left them to it - natural world and all that - at that time the rainbow would likely have been stocked.

DR

rs2ford

Reaction score

Junction Pool at Upper Farleyer on the Tay is right up there as one of my favourite places to fish.

The Jetty at Eoligarry on the Isle of Barra, so many fond family memories, the smell of seaweed and cool breeze, great for clearing you head:).
Cheers Diarmid.

scottyboy9nro

Reaction score
Great thread brilliant pictures want to comment on them all! Gonna gove the new upload way a go see if a can add a few

Fruin

Reaction score
Two of one of my favourite salmon rivers (not the most productive) but one of my favourites, along with one of the best places I have fly fished for Pollock.

2012-08-25 14.20.57.jpg
2012-08-25 10.08.13.jpg
15072010039.jpg

Reiver Flash

Reaction score
Another vote for the area around Stack. Mine is a trout loch (sorry for being a heathen) the other side of Arkle from Loch Stack, in the valley between Arkle and Foinaven. It's called Loch Easian Uaine, around 7 miles from the road and a testing walk. The quick way in is down the waterfall in one of the pictures below. Its not as scary as it looks. But, there is a rock that from 50 yards looks exactly like a person being crucified. I swear, every time I go up there it spooks the willies out of me. DRYFLY

Dryfly - I have just dug out my OS sheet to find that loch. It is a good trek in! Do you go up the Stalkers Track or down from the ridge at the south east end? I am a heathen too! I have only one day salmon fishing and five up in the hill lochs when I go up there once a year. I have had some scary moments when the mist comes down. It's so easy to get lost when your are chasing trout. Thank goodness for gps.

Here's another shot of that amazing geology and fishy landscape. Just west of your favourite loch?

Stalkers from Ben Stack.jpg

Last edited:

Hjortmyrs

Reaction score
River Dee a few years ago, how I wish to be back soon!
This is me fishing Banchory. Grue and ice everywhere.

jockebancnärb.JPG