Munster Blackwater - 2018

GeeBee

Reaction score
the fish can't access the fish ladder and they're proposing to spend EUR 2million to not fix it in several years time.

they could rock ramp the weir right now and be done by the main June run.

Last edited:

nore fly

Reaction score
Rock ramps solved major problems on the nore. These weir fish passes are just engineers and architect s cashing in on drawings and designs for concrete structures ..when the reality is a simple ramp made of natural stone..best of luck with your campaign. ..

GeeBee

Reaction score
Rock ramps solved major problems on the nore. These weir fish passes are just engineers and architect s cashing in on drawings and designs for concrete structures ..when the reality is a simple ramp made of natural stone..best of luck with your campaign. ..
they have used the rock ramps in literally dozens of places for Salmon.

they should do the same with Clondulane weir too. which was supposed to come down in 2006 !

First leap

Reaction score
Anyone know how the cappoquinn streach is fishing?..im hoping to take a run down over the next while..maybe im a bit early heading down?

nore fly

Reaction score
Apparently it fished very well early last season...hopefully it's fishing well .might give it a go myself...very few reports coming from the Blackwater and giving so many fish it ...think its hush hush 😀😀😀..

nore fly

Reaction score
I am delighted to hear a few are been caught ...but I am always amazed at the lack of info coming from such a great river ....it's got so many great beats. ..I have fished a fair few over the year's and still there are plenty I have not fished yet........would be nice to get a few more reports from a few other fisheries on the Blackwater...

Royser89

Reaction score
Hi lads which fly would be best suited for lombardstown ??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ian Carter

Reaction score
I have next Monday and Tuesday set for fishing, any point in going to the Blackwater with the current water levels? I usually fish lismore

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nore Angler

Reaction score
I have next Monday and Tuesday set for fishing, any point in going to the Blackwater with the current water levels? I usually fish lismore

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Certainly do. Plenty of fish about. Not many fish showing. But don't let that put you off.

Killbarry

Reaction score
Blackwater

Well worth a trip. Fish are being caught and some good double figure ones as well even as far up as Mallow. They are there but be prepared for very low water. Concentrate your efforts down low around Lismore or Ballyduff.

lax0341

Reaction score
Is there still any kind of fishing meaningful at these low water conditions ? I‘d like to travel over to Ireland on the 22nd of July.

Last edited:

Nore Angler

Reaction score
Is there still any kind of fishing meaningful at these low water conditions ? I‘d like to travel over to Ireland on the 22nd of July.
Fortwilliam would be your best bet. A few grilse around. And the odd larger fish. So still a chance.

Royser89

Reaction score
Hi lads just a quick question which would be your go too fly on the blackwater i fish up towards mallow and rosskeen im new to the fly fishing and dont have too much knowledge on it thanks

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

lax0341

Reaction score
I‘ve caught one grils and 3 seatrout in the end of July on Fortwilliam and lost some more grilse. Very small flies. Tough fishing in these conditions but fish are around.

Tight lines !

Last edited: