Multiple rod transportation

Tardyrover

Reaction score
What’s the best way of taking multiple rods on airways? Me and a friend are planning a trip to Sweden next year by air and would like to take 2 or 3 rods apiece. Been looking online at big rod tubes and the like but thought I’d ask you guys for any advice? Cheers!

loopknot

Reaction score
Iv got 2 different rod tubes, Plano and Bazooka and used both on international flights without any problem. The Bazooka is a big extendable tube and I used this to transport multiple shore fishing rods to Iceland for a mate and myself. Couldn't fault it. The Plano is narrower so may limit you but its bomb proof. If you look at Plano take the widest tube which about 4.25in.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Rennie

Reaction score
I have a Kiss tube, not been abroad myself, but I've loaned it to friends who have used it.I use it for transporting rods in the car for long trips, weeks etc and for storing rods at home.Fully extendable, lockable(mine came with pad locks for the case itself and to lock it onto roof bars too!), carry handle and shoulder strap.Does what it says on the tin!
Pedro.

Neil W

Reaction score
I also have this tube and as Pedro says it does exactly what you want it to do. I have had mine for 15 years and still going strong

I have a Kiss tube, not been abroad myself, but I've loaned it to friends who have used it.I use it for transporting rods in the car for long trips, weeks etc and for storing rods at home.Fully extendable, lockable(mine came with pad locks for the case itself and to lock it onto roof bars too!), carry handle and shoulder strap.Does what it says on the tin!
Pedro.

SJF

Reaction score
I also have this tube and as Pedro says it does exactly what you want it to do. I have had mine for 15 years and still going strong
I too have the KISS green monster. It has been to four continents over 15 - 20 years ( and amazingly I still have the original lock ). It is a bit heavy, but it does the job it is designed to ( protect the rods for airport handlers ) very well.

MCXFisher

Reaction score
For the trips to Norway I hired a golf air transport container from the local driving range for £18 per week. See pictures and description here. It transported 4-5 rods, two sets of chest waders and 2 pairs of boots, while costing no more to ship than a standard 18 kg suitcase.