Muddlers for Assynt

Ypres

Reaction score
A couple of Claret Muddlers and two variations on the Picric Peter Muddler for when I ever get to Assynt again.
E47823EA-98EB-429A-927A-BC2122E4AF4E.jpeg

Ypres

Reaction score
very nice I was last up there about 4 years ago and done well on Kate Mclaren muddler size 14 to 10, also fished well on loch Ailsh
I used to go up every year in an ancient Romahome campervan and stay at Clachtoll. Loved Fionn Loch and the wee lochs north of the Lochinver road. Van sold on now and the thought of going back to a tent not appealing but I might just check out the Assynt Outdoor Centre which I used to use back in my Munro bagging days.
Once Wee Nicky sets us free of course!

wormo

Reaction score
I used to go up every year in an ancient Romahome campervan and stay at Clachtoll. Loved Fionn Loch and the wee lochs north of the Lochinver road. Van sold on now and the thought of going back to a tent not appealing but I might just check out the Assynt Outdoor Centre which I used to use back in my Munro bagging days.
Once Wee Nicky sets us free of course!
we stayed in a static caravan near achmelvich beach , there were plenty hill lochs near by , Loch beannach was a nice one , loved the wee bothy huts on the trail , nice for a welcome lunch break after a long walk

Attachments

• 20160713_220831.jpg
    20160713_220831.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 39

Andrew B

Reaction score
So nice these muddlers for such a place.
I’d be interested to know if these flies are used from the bank?

AlanT

Reaction score
Cracking muddlers, missing my forays up North due to lockdown, can't wait to get back (y)

Ypres

Reaction score
So nice these muddlers for such a place.
I’d be interested to know if these flies are used from the bank?
I fish them from the bank because so far I have not been organised enough to book a boat. Many of the lochs are small enough that this is not a problem. A boat would certainly be great on the larger lochs like Fionn Loch because on foot one can only fish a fraction of it. Ironically the route I take to the loch brings you out just where the boat is moored. Under lock and key of course.
As an aside checked out Inchnadamph Lodge which for some reason I had remembered as Assynt Outdoor Centre. Owners hoping to open after lockdown. Probably about £24 a night in dormitory accommodation. Big increase in what I payed last time I was there. Probably due to being on the NC500. Still better than my 25 year old tent!

lexi

Reaction score
I fish them from the bank because so far I have not been organised enough to book a boat. Many of the lochs are small enough that this is not a problem. A boat would certainly be great on the larger lochs like Fionn Loch because on foot one can only fish a fraction of it. Ironically the route I take to the loch brings you out just where the boat is moored. Under lock and key of course.
As an aside checked out Inchnadamph Lodge which for some reason I had remembered as Assynt Outdoor Centre. Owners hoping to open after lockdown. Probably about £24 a night in dormitory accommodation. Big increase in what I payed last time I was there. Probably due to being on the NC500. Still better than my 25 year old tent!
You can get some decent camping gear now Ypres. Those Pike bivvys are ace. I still use the wee Vaude Hogan and I got the wide boy type bed chair. I still have a camp on Lomond every year.

Ypres

Reaction score
You can get some decent camping gear now Ypres. Those Pike bivvys are ace. I still use the wee Vaude Hogan and I got the wide boy type bed chair. I still have a camp on Lomond every year.
It’s a case of the spirits willing but the flesh is weak! Last year I had actually dug out my trusty old Vango, Rab sleeping bag and Coleman stove but never quite got round to it. I’ll blame Covid. Maybe this year?

Middle Bay

Reaction score
Vango Force 10? Still got mine, used to camp on Loch Lomond every summer with my son. The Assynt Hostel next to the Inchnadamph Hotel was very comfortable when I stayed there, a variety of accommodation and an excellent big kitchen. We had an evening meal in the Hotel which was not so good however it has probably changed owners since that time. Great muddlers Ypres you should do well with them.