Mounting small prawns

Fish Tracker

Reaction score
I have some small prawns (1-1.5 inches), just wondering what is the best way to mount these, maybe using 2 together? Any advice appreciated.

Tees88

Reaction score
I always found a shrimp pin & treble to be the easiest option than a single long shank hook.

The following shows both methods;

Tees88

Reaction score
I agree with the above, single prawn/shrimp for me, even small ones though others favour two. Personally I've found small single prawns often out fish larger baits.
Likewise, I've seen some people using prawns the size of langoustines :ROFLMAO:

S.preston

Reaction score
Smaller the better for me and mount on a wide gape carp hook if their very small although I did get lazy yesterday and rigged on a 2/0 hook and had two fish

Johnfisher

Reaction score
Use a size 2 uptide hook and secure with one or two Carp boilie bands
Hi Dobbo. Re the boilie bands. Do you use a tool to secure them or just your fingers. Do they prevent the hood of the shrimp working loose? Some of my shrimps stay on a single hook for ages and some seem to lose their hoods after a couple of casts and it is so frustrating chucking a decent shrimp.

Dobbo

Reaction score
Hi Dobbo. Re the boilie bands. Do you use a tool to secure them or just your fingers. Do they prevent the hood of the shrimp working loose? Some of my shrimps stay on a single hook for ages and some seem to lose their hoods after a couple of casts and it is so frustrating chucking a decent shrimp.
I use the big bands they go on pretty easy with fingers . Sometimes use 3 or 4 to keep everything snug especially the hoods