Most robust Breathable waders?

Rutlander

Reaction score
My previous pair of chesties were Scierra. They probably lasted me around 10 years. I now have a pair of Scierra X-Tech and I have a feeling they're going to be around a while too. They just seem 'tough'.

bassfly

Reaction score
Still got a pair of Scierra waders, not breathable, that I’ve had for 18 years and still going strong. Only use them now for trout fishing. The Simms G3’s lasted for 10 years. My new waders are Hodgman Aesis Sonic zip fronts that are now into their third season and I am very happy with them.

lefthandup

Reaction score
It's all fine and dandy saying you've had waders X amount of years BUT....how often are they used and what terrain!

Nath

Reaction score
The offer was for three days only and expired at midnight last night

Ohh that’s such a shame as I am after a pair of the pro waders.... !!

Just for info, I have had a pair of redington sonic pros for 4 years and only this season have they started to fail (a little) I am well impressed with them and fish a lot, so they do get well used!

bassfly

Reaction score
It's all fine and dandy saying you've had waders X amount of years BUT....how often are they used and what terrain!
The Sierra waders did two trips to Canada for two weeks intense fishing in the wilds. The G3’s did 7 trips to Canada and 5 trips to Sweden and Norway. The Hodgmans have not had much use this season apart from 1 trip to Scotland and 4 trips to the Welsh Dee but have been to Norway once and Canada once. Plus all three have been in constant use in the UK. I think I have been very lucky as my mates last wader were replaced 5 time in two years and in the end he got his money back and bought a pair of G3’s on the last trip to Canada and touch wood have been ok up to now.

NEbody

Reaction score
Ohh that’s such a shame as I am after a pair of the pro waders.... !!

Just for info, I have had a pair of redington sonic pros for 4 years and only this season have they started to fail (a little) I am well impressed with them and fish a lot, so they do get well used!

Orvis do similar promotions fairly regularly so you could probably hold your fire until the next one comes along