Morse Taps Out.

Reaction score
It is with regret that I learned yesterday of the death of our fellow member Morse who departed this world last Monday.

I met Gordon on a few occasions on the River Spey and always found him there as I did here on the forum, a kindly, modest gentleman, giving with good advice, who loved his fishing, particularly on the Wye. He had a lifelong love of the sport and, in his latter years, as great a fondness for a dram, a chat and a laugh in the hut when the going was slow on the river.

My sympathies to his family and friends.

James Barlow.

Last edited:

bankwheel

Reaction score
Really sad to here this, I didn't know him but remember some of his posts, funny it puts all our petty arguments about line weights and rod preference into perspective. At the end of the day we all just love fishing and are after the same end game RIP Morse

Horsbrugh

Reaction score
Sad to hear the news of Morse’s passing. I did not know him but he always came across, as a gentleman that would be a pleasure to spend time and fish with.

RIP Morse

scoops

Reaction score
Condolences to his family and friends
Sad to hear this, Met him in the spring when we fished the same beat on the Spey for a few days, really nice guy with some good stories

AlanT

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this news.
Never met him in person but exchanged a few messages. Came across as a decent chap.

Last edited: