Miramichi Salmon Conservation Auction

miramichi

Reaction score
Brad Burns Fly Fishing is holding an auction beginning at 12:00 noon this Friday April 5th to raise some funds for the current year’s field programs by the Miramichi Salmon Association.
• First is an illustrated map of the Cains River watershed by NYC artist John Rice.
• The second item is shadow box made by Gary Tanner of VT that houses the complete collection of historically famous Cains River Streamers expertly tied by Bill Utley.
• Third is a guided fishing trip supplied by Keith Wilson and Jason Curtis during early September with lodging at Wilson’s Sorting Camps, and guided fishing at both Wilson’s and Doctor’s Island on the S. W. Miramichi.

Here is the link to the auction page on my website.

A few words about the auction software on my site. You will be prompted to register in order to bid. It is very, very simple, and unlike some auction sites you do not need to provide credit card information unless you win. After you register to bid the computer will remember you. This will help you through the auction process, and then make it much easier for us to accurately deliver the auction item to the winning bidder. Payment at the end of the auction is by credit card, but if you prefer check we will accommodate that.

The second thing I want to tell you is that while the map is one of a kind at the moment, we have put a substantial but realistic buy it now price on it. If someone clicks on buy it now the auction for that item is over, but we will print as many more of the maps as can be sold for that price. So if you want to buy a copy of the map at the Buy It Now price, but it has already been selected by someone else, just send me an e-mail at bigbass@maine.rr.com and we’ll take care of you.

Shipping except a $20 additional fee for shipping to the UK or Europe. 100% of the auction proceeds will go directly to the MSA.

If you have any questions at all about anything to do with the auction don’t hesitate to e-mail me.

Thank you. Brad Burns

PS Please forward this e-mail to all of your salmon fishing friends.

miramichi

Reaction score
We had a wrong setting on the auction software but got it fixed right away. We sold a print of the Cains map by John Rice at Buy It Now for $400. I duplicated the item and will keep doing so if we have more orders. This one went to Missouri!!! Other items were bid on too. It's great to be able to help the Miramichi.

Got four more illustrations by John Rice in today for On the Cains. The book is going to have over 300 photos and illustrations.

Repeatedly in On the Cains there will be references to information like in this map that people can refer to the larger map - the one in the auction - to put the places being talked about in proper perspective.

IMG_5187.jpg