Minister Blackwater

Toasted heretic

Reaction score
Just seen where Ian Powell got the first of the season on the Blackie, est. 18lb swam away strong, congratulations Ian, well done sir...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Royser89

Reaction score
Not a springer fish is photo shopped look closely at connies hands fish is a baggot gangsters

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

GeeBee

Reaction score
Not a springer fish is photo shopped look closely at connies hands fish is a baggot gangsters

or connie just moved his hand as the shot was taken ?

they also didn't say it was a springer, but i agree its a rawner or baggot.

Royser89

Reaction score
or connie just moved his hand as the shot was taken ?

they also didn't say it was a springer, but i agree its a rawner or baggot.
If it was anyone else just maybe I would have believed but them no chance i would say its a rawner alright looking at the photos now

Toasted heretic

Reaction score

When you know one half of what Connie has forgotten regarding salmon fishing and speycasting, you'll be doing very well indeed..

Royser89

Reaction score
When you know one half of what Connie has forgotten regarding salmon fishing and speycasting, you'll be doing very well indeed..

And when you know the other half what connie does to anglers you be doing better

Toasted heretic

Reaction score
And when you know the other half what connie does to anglers you be doing better

Its very easy to smear a mans good name from behind an anonym, however I and many others on here and through out the salmon fishing world have first hand experience of Connie very much at odds with your slur. Rest assured its never in a gilles or fisheries interest that a client leaves having had a bad experience however such is the nature of salmon fishing.

Royser89

Reaction score
Its very easy to smear a mans good name from behind an anonym, however I and many others on here and through out the salmon fishing world have first hand experience of Connie very much at odds with your slur. Rest assured its never in a gilles or fisheries interest that a client leaves having had a bad experience however such is the nature of salmon fishing.

Ya I heard great things too king of the blackwater great ghillie man is an exceptional angler one of the greats. I have massive respect for a angler like this. On the other hand he took good money from a man last year to guide this fellow brought him to the beat and told the man he had another angler down below. He said that he will be up in a few minutes and no sign of him the same man came down to cappaquinn to the wall and said what happened in my eyes the mans a gangster.

GeeBee

Reaction score
Ya I heard great things too king of the blackwater great ghillie man is an exceptional angler one of the greats. I have massive respect for a angler like this. On the other hand he took good money from a man last year to guide this fellow brought him to the beat and told the man he had another angler down below. He said that he will be up in a few minutes and no sign of him the same man came down to cappaquinn to the wall and said what happened in my eyes the mans a gangster.

so you've heard great things, but you'd slander a man and his livelihood anyway one second hand account anyway ?

are you sure the bloke paid Con to guide him as well as letting the beat, or he just paid for the beat, or was he fishing worms/shrimp on the lower beat ?

I've known Connie since i was small boy and a more generous fellow with his time and knowledge you could not hope to meet, not to mention the times he didn't charge my old Dad when he knew there was little chance of a fish.

True, he has not guided me for over twenty years or so ( i think...) but never does he fail to stop in on our days fishing with advice on flies, where to cast, what tips to use etc, sometimes more than once a day - and that's not to take our money either - "she herself deals with that" he always says.

Last edited:

highwater

Reaction score
First fish on blackwater

Horrible looking thing, surely have a better photos of fish than that to try and fool us