Mini-Scandi tubes

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Haven’t tied much recently - but thought I’d do some small flies on tubes ( the advantage being if they get snagged you can swap the hook, whereas with a dressed fly if it’s badly bent it’s going in the bin).

couple with green fluo bodies, one is a small cascadey type fly.

these are Eumer small (3 by 4 mm) cones.

cheers, Patrick

6ACCF2DE-CA47-4ED5-8A0F-BD15A626620C.jpeg

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Note - hooks are bendy BMDS that I just use to hold the fly. That’s all they are good for. Will use a different hook when fishing them

gwelsher

Reaction score
Note - hooks are bendy BMDS that I just use to hold the fly. That’s all they are good for. Will use a different hook when fishing them

Nice flees 👍 👍

Glad you pointed that out about the hooks because those BMDs are bendy and look out of proportion to the tube IMHO.
Also I would fish a free hook on that size. That said I would fish them no probs :)

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Nice flees 👍 👍

Glad you pointed that out about the hooks because those BMDs are bendy and look out of proportion to the tube IMHO.
Also I would fish a free hook on that size. That said I would fish them no probs :)
Cheers Gary -I’m actually thinking either free swing or small single. I’ve been super impressed with some of the carp singles - once in, they don’t come out!

Rennie

Reaction score
We are told Troosers Too, that the free swinging hook won't tangle to the same extent with long Scandi Stylee wings, that a free swinger will hook up better "oooohhhh er Missuss!" as well as retaining hooked fish better.Also the flee will fish to its own centre of balance and not to one influenced by the hook.
Of course all these are under the banner "ALLEGEDLY!".
Try yourself and see and compare with std tubes, see which "suits you sir".
Pedro.

Troosers Too

Reaction score
We are told Troosers Too, that the free swinging hook won't tangle to the same extent with long Scandi Stylee wings, that a free swinger will hook up better "oooohhhh er Missuss!" as well as retaining hooked fish better.Also the flee will fish to its own centre of balance and not to one influenced by the hook.
Of course all these are under the banner "ALLEGEDLY!".
Try yourself and see and compare with std tubes, see which "suits you sir
Hmm! I'm usually more concerned with the buggers hooking up and retaining trees, bushes or any other convenient but unreachable crevice. Fish, not so much.