Mini/micro tubes

Woodsy

Reaction score
Had a go tying a few small tubes ranging for the low water grilse fishing in July. These were made from the bunch'o'ballons tubes that came with the kids water slide 😂 I tried a few different sizes and colours but I know in reality the green butt won't be coming off 😉

20200601_130644.jpg

Rennie

Reaction score
Woodsy, the middle top two, they'll take the silver every time in summer, trust me there!, runners up close but not quite would be the two Green Butts!, loving them!, tyers tip?.It's worth the effort of sourcing fluro DFM green floss or what ever for the butt (nice and bright like on the original Viva Trout lures!) it makes a hell of a difference!
Net wetters, every one of them!.
Pedro.

P.S. Guess whats in my wee tube box too!

Woodsy

Reaction score
Woodsy, the middle top two, they'll take the silver every time in summer, trust me there!, runners up close but not quite would be the two Green Butts!, loving them!, tyers tip?.It's worth the effort of sourcing fluro DFM green floss or what ever for the butt (nice and bright like on the original Viva Trout lures!) it makes a hell of a difference!
Net wetters, every one of them!.
Pedro.

P.S. Guess whats in my wee tube box too!
Thanks Rennie, those two are the only ones with a layer of artic fox too, they will get a cast then haha. What does the DFM stand for? I have an old spool of silky fluorescent green floss which is a nicer shade than the glo brite but the label is long gone. Here are a few previous tubes tied with the floss on thicker veniard tubes. Could this be it?
20200426_160238.jpg

SP8

Reaction score
Nice flies. DFM stands for Daylight Fluorescent Material. Before Glo brite Danvilles produced a small range of DFM floss and I expect you can still get it. The green was called Signal Green and the yellowy green one was Phophor Yellow. The same two shades are in the Glo brite range but can't remember the numbers off the top of my head.

SP8

Rennie

Reaction score
Woodsy, DFM is Daylight Fluorescent Material, that looks the very stuff in your latter examples, bonzers!
Pedro.

rotenone

Reaction score
These look excellent

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk