Militiaman

Andrzej

Reaction score
A pattern taken from the book 'Farlows Salmon Flies', tied from a picture so not all is correct here. Hook used is the Partridge CS10/1 cut down to a real size 2/0 from 1/0.

Fly400.jpg

Hardyreels

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow!

If that's a fly that is not all correct I'm a lost cause here :shocked:

Beautiful work

Andrzej

Reaction score
Wow!

If that's a fly that is not all correct I'm a lost cause here :shocked:

Beautiful work
Thank you Hardyreels, glad you like it! Saying 'not correct' I mean that, as there was no receipt given in the book, probably I tied something a bit different from the original pattern :confused:

bankwheel

Reaction score
Andrzej, that is stunning and I love the gut eye hooks. I am not a classic tyer, can you explain how you tie the body hackles in? Do you stop the rib then tie it in or do you tie off the rib then tie in the hackle then start a new rib again?

Andrzej

Reaction score
Andrzej, that is stunning and I love the gut eye hooks. I am not a classic tyer, can you explain how you tie the body hackles in? Do you stop the rib then tie it in or do you tie off the rib then tie in the hackle then start a new rib again?
Thank you bankwheel. I'm not a classic tyer either, though I'm getting more and more interested in this kind of tying. It's the second way, the rib, the hackle, repeat...