Middle Varzuga (th June 2018

Tailfire

Reaction score
I’ve been contacted about a rod available for Middle Varzuga on 9 June. A cancellation has come up due to someone requiring surgery. Cost is 7500 from Helsinki. Message me if you are interested or know anyone else who is.
Brendan

keirstream

Reaction score
Received an email from Roxtons this morning offering 2 x deposit paid rods for Middle w/c 16th June for £2375 ex Murmansk. Add another £1k and you are there. Got to be a bargain for someone. Too near my Spey week for me to even contemplate unfortunately.:(

lostangler

Reaction score
Bargain. If tired of your fishing to no avail, middle Varzuga is second to none for numbers.

Dryfly

Reaction score
Not only a good price but you'd get the dubious pleasure of sharing a chopper with me on the way out.

phatagrova

Reaction score
I checked out traveling to the Varzuga, My biggest problem ,is that living in Northern Ireland , I was having to go to London is person for visa etc, that would of been to much hassle, time and cost

happy days

Reaction score
I use the manchester office, very helpful never waited more than half an hour, I am on lower and kitza with our departed friend the Doon Rod in a few weeks, cant wait.

keirstream

Reaction score
I checked out traveling to the Varzuga, My biggest problem ,is that living in Northern Ireland , I was having to go to London is person for visa etc, that would of been to much hassle, time and cost
Is the Consulate in Edinburgh not an option to you?
Early ferry and back same day?
Any time I have been there for a visa it took 10 minutes tops.

Dryfly

Reaction score
I guess there isn't an arrangement between the republic and NI by some chance (just a thought, probably bonkers! if there is.. post brexit... OK Ok, lets not go there!). It is a pain, but if you can make it to Edinburgh (perhaps fish the tweed or somewhere while over), it is the most fantastic weeks fishing you'll ever have and an ideal week. Not the peak of the season where there are possible too many fish, not too late so not many mozzies. Roxtons are an excellent company too imho. This is a taster Copy of Salmon fishing on the Varzuga River, Kola, Russia. - YouTube

Which week are you going to Kitza with Marc? I'm at Kitza 15 June. probably too late?

happy days

Reaction score
Going there week 19 may, he's been at the vice out in saudi, we've got more flies than fulling mill.

phatagrova

Reaction score
Is the Consulate in Edinburgh not an option to you?
Early ferry and back same day?
Any time I have been there for a visa it took 10 minutes tops.
Didnt know Manchester or Edinburgh where options, maybe something again to consider in the future

riverholt

Reaction score
sebydog365

Received an email from Roxtons this morning offering 2 x deposit paid rods for Middle w/c 16th June for £2375 ex Murmansk. Add another £1k and you are there. Got to be a bargain for someone. Too near my Spey week for me to even contemplate unfortunately.:(
wondered if this fishing was still available

Dryfly

Reaction score
Well worth checking out what is available. The current geo-political situation may have led to new opportunities opening up. I understand there was a half price week on Ponoi available (last week).

Loxie

Reaction score
I’m heading to Russia in just over 3 weeks time to guide on the Ponoi for the season at the ryabaga camp.
Looking forward to it so much!
Lucky you! That will be a fantastic experience. I'm told it's one of the very best Kola operations.

wetwader

Reaction score
Thank you DryFly,
a nice taster from Roxtons. And choosing good classic music „...Freude, schöner Götterfunken...“ 9. Sinfonie of Ludwig van Beethoven, well fitting for a pleasure as it is, fishing this nice destination.

And hopefully they all would hear - in Europe, USA, Russia and rest of the world - good old Ludwig in saying “Alle Menschen werden Brüder...“

Cheers
Roland

happy days

Reaction score
I’m heading to Russia in just over 3 weeks time to guide on the Ponoi for the season at the ryabaga camp.
Looking forward to it so much!
You are joining a great team and you will learn more about atlantics in one season than ten back home, spent many weeks out there, great camp and good friends of mine. Enjoy :D

Loxie

Reaction score
Give it a miss, try and get on Alta for that money.
Last time I looked, 2011 I think, it was around $70,000 per week for a 2 rod beat. Options for good weeks were traded for many times that. You could try the lottery but you won't be getting much of a sniff on the Alta for £7,500.

Dryfly

Reaction score
Last time I looked, 2011 I think, it was around $70,000 per week for a 2 rod beat. Options for good weeks were traded for many times that. You could try the lottery but you won't be getting much of a sniff on the Alta for £7,500.
Ouch!

When is the lottery open?