Memories of Ponoi - Aug 2010

easky

Reaction score
superb springer... what a trip, you have really done it justice with stunning footage, pixs and editing! :)

.... and I see there were a few fans of Mr Bolt on tour as well :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1812

Thats great Alan.Looks fantastic!!!!
What the significance Bow & Arrow pose thing???:rolleyes:

eat the profit

Reaction score
Cheers springer, looks a superb river and a fantastic set up, Ponoi and Kharlovka are very high up on my to do list but not just yet (will keep doing the lotto) Thanks very much for sharing and having the Verve as background music, pure class!!!!

let them all go

Reaction score
Looks very nice but its not for me, dont know why but a trip to Russia just doesnt appeal but I can see the attraction.
Some impressive cock fish, especially the one with the large hump back. I also see the fish caught are much the same sort of size, I presume that is the norm for that time of year?

If I may just say, and I appreciate this is down to personal choice, but on such a wide and fast looking river I dont recall seeing anyone wearing a life jacket? With some folk wading very deep and some standing up in a boat I would have thought that safety might be an issue?

I am sure it has whetted the appetites of some on here and thanks for sharing.
One quick question-Do they get any sea trout or is it all just salmon?

Springer

Reaction score
Looks very nice but its not for me, dont know why but a trip to Russia just doesnt appeal but I can see the attraction.
Some impressive cock fish, especially the one with the large hump back. I also see the fish caught are much the same sort of size, I presume that is the norm for that time of year?

If I may just say, and I appreciate this is down to personal choice, but on such a wide and fast looking river I dont recall seeing anyone wearing a life jacket? With some folk wading very deep and some standing up in a boat I would have thought that safety might be an issue?

I am sure it has whetted the appetites of some on here and thanks for sharing.
One quick question-Do they get any sea trout or is it all just salmon?

Ryabaga has enough life jackets for everyone there and many people do wear them, they are offered to everyone. Myself and my boat partner who feature in the video footage chose not to wear them as we are experienced waders and we were at all times within our comfort zone. The river was also at an all time low so much of that fast flowing water was at best 3' deep and often shallower.

We had 2 or 3 sea trout to 3-4lb between us as opposed to around 100 salmon. Salmon size for our week ranged from around 8-18lb with the odd one bigger.

clydesider

Reaction score
Very professional video and easy on the eye, well done.
Did you actually lose any fish?
Mike

FlySwinger

Reaction score
Very Nice - That should get me through the next few months without getting to fish for one - Thanks.

orchy1999

Reaction score
Alan
superb footage ;) what would the all in price be from uk to return including all the usual extras remember i don't drink as much as Altmor:D:D