member meet-ups

eldred

Reaction score
I am planning a week in Scotland march,april maybe easter.
As I am from Suffolk not many salmon anglers down here that I know,so just wondered if there are any other like minded anglers who fancy meeting up/cottage share/b&b etc
I am a relative beginner and fish the north esk in October but fancy a go in the spring on a different river.
So if any group/syndicate or other lonely sad anglers fancy a get together and a good laugh and joke at the same time let me know,it would be much appreciated.
All the very best
steve creasey

Cast@Fly

Reaction score
Steve. Which way are you travelling up?
I have my own stretch on the River Coquet, just under two miles called Upper Morwick. It’s a great beat for the fly but also spinning. Your more than welcome to fish it on your way up if you wish, I have a small private syidcaate on it but I would let you have a cast if you wished.
It’s around 30minutes south of the boarders.
Let me no if that’s any good for you. Cheers. Janes

bros

Reaction score
I have my own stretch on the River Coquet, just under two miles called Upper Morwick. It’s a great beat for the fly but also spinning. Your more than welcome to fish it on your way up if you wish, I have a small private syidcaate on it but I would let you have a cast if you wished.
Lovely gesture, well done sir:cool:

eldred

Reaction score
Thankyou you very much for that very kind offer, However I have booked a couple of days on canterland and three on my usual pert fishing on the north esk as I did not hear anything from any other members.
I am travelling up on sunday 6th may.
many many thanks indeed.
rgds
steve

lineman

Reaction score
As I am from Suffolk not many salmon anglers down here that I know,so just wondered if there are any other like minded anglers who fancy meeting up/cottage share/b&b etc
I am a relative beginner and fish the north esk in October but fancy a go in the spring on a different river.
So if any group/syndicate or other lonely sad anglers fancy a get together and a good laugh and joke at the same time let me know,it would be much appreciated.
All the very best
steve creasey
Hi Steve,

Only just seen your mail!
I would have been interested in joining you?

Regards,
Derek

dexterbuchanan1

Reaction score
This is a generous gesture indeed if it stretches to all members i wouldnt mind a a wee cast myself:cool:
All the same nice 1 James

orchy1999

Reaction score
All the very best
steve creasey
Are you male or female :evil:

Cast@Fly

Reaction score
Steve.
Not a problem, the offer is there and is open to any forum
Members who wish to split there journey with a hour
Or twos fishing. Always like to help other keen salmon chasers.
I am here till early May then I’m heading over to Russia to guide till October.
So anytime from now till May is fine.
Just send me a PM and we can organise.
Tightlines to all. James

Rrrr

Reaction score
Steve.
Not a problem, the offer is there and is open to any forum
Members who wish to split there journey with a hour
Or twos fishing. Always like to help other keen salmon chasers.
I am here till early May then I’m heading over to Russia to guide till October.
So anytime from now till May is fine.
Just send me a PM and we can organise.
Tightlines to all. James
Nice gesture mate. Sure once they see the water they will be back for a full day or more, the coquets a special place and has to be seen 1st hand to appreciate it fully.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

lineman

Reaction score

Hi Janes,

I was only up that way last week. Had a trip to Holy Island to see where the Vikings landed! Also visited Bamburgh Castle and Berwick -upn-Tweed. Had a great week.

From an English man living in North Wales :lol:

Derek

Cast@Fly

Reaction score
I am keen to have a open day on my stretch for all forum members based in north east but also elsewhere to come and meet and have a fish together. Think it will be good crack and even better if we catch a fish. Put names to faces etc.
I am thinking about the last week in febuary. Haven’t really thought of a solid date but will closer to the time.
Just trying to gauge interest really.
Who would be keen to get involved? I am also gonna be hosting a guideline day on my stretch before I head to Russia which will give you all a chance to try all there new range of rods reels and lines for the 2018 season.
I would appreciate knowing you thoughts on my idea.
Thanks. James

wetwader

Reaction score
Nice idea for an interesting day. Unluckily it’s pretty far for me from Bavaria, although the fishing is dead here these days.
So collecting up some points in my wife’s husband list is the only thing to do now😁😇
Wish you good luck and a nice meeting!
Cheers
Roland

dexterbuchanan1

Reaction score
I am keen to have a open day on my stretch for all forum members based in north east but also elsewhere to come and meet and have a fish together. Think it will be good crack and even better if we catch a fish. Put names to faces etc.
I am thinking about the last week in febuary. Haven’t really thought of a solid date but will closer to the time.
Who would be keen to get involved? I am also gonna be hosting a guideline day on my stretch before I head to Russia which will give you all a chance to try all there new range of rods reels and lines for the 2018 season.
Thanks. James
Great idea James i could make a meet if i get a fews weeks notice:cool:

lineman

Reaction score
Thanks. James

Sounds great James,
I'm about six hours from you, could travel up the day before
I can always tell my wife I'm popping out for a loaf of bread...,

Cast@Fly

Reaction score
I want to make it worthwhile for everyone so want there to be a few fish around so we all have a little bit of hope.
I think it would be a great day for all and I’m
Happy to use my stretch as a base.

Jim610

Reaction score
............I am thinking about the last week in febuary. ..........

Just trying to gauge interest really.........

......I would appreciate knowing you thoughts on my idea.
Thanks. James
I think it is a great idea, been quite a while since the last meet up. I would be there however, I'm on the Helmsdale that week. Next time perhaps.

Jim

Cast@Fly

Reaction score
When would be suitable for you all to come then?
I have a few days in March which I could organise it for but would be keen to get a few days from members who
wish to get involved......
The longer we hold off after all, the more chance of catching a fish there will be!!
Look forward to hearing your views

Jim610

Reaction score
Thank you for the thought but I wouldn't hold out for me this spring.

I retire early May (9th to be exact), however, every other possible day off between now and then is already accounted for unless it was a weekend and some of them I'm also committed on.

If you organised a meet that I can attend I will but please don't plan based on my movements.

Good luck.

lineman

Reaction score
When would be suitable for you all to come then?
I have a few days in March which I could organise it for but would be keen to get a few days from members who
wish to get involved......
The longer we hold off after all, the more chance of catching a fish there will be!!
Look forward to hearing your views

Good afternoon James,

This is a great idea and very generous of you James. It may be a good idea to post the idea up on the main post board, as many members may have not seen your idea where it is at the moment! Put a date up either late January early March and let's see the member's reaction! The last big meet Alan "Springer" even had Robert Gillespie (minitube) over from Ireland and others from Sweden/Norway. That was a great weekend meeting and putting faces to members. That was on the tweed with John his wife and his very good gillie.

Kind regards,
Derek

unclealec

Reaction score
The Wensleydale one was a couple of years after the Upper Caberston one I think. A bit lower-key that the Tweed one, but just as enjoyable nevertheless.
They are great weekends and I would love to attend another.
The good news is that I can offer to demonstrate something at the next one.
The bad news is that it will be making kitchen units.

chris1

Reaction score
Thanks. James

hi james i would be very interested in joining you all if possible.

regards
chris

Cast@Fly

Reaction score
Hi all.
Sorry for the delay in replying to you all. Had a busy week. I’m away till next wedesdnay, currently on holiday.
I will check my diary and specify a date. If we aim for March. I will put a few dates up that work with myself and also for my stretch as I have a syidcate that fishes it too.
If I can get enough interest I will supply and have to offer some of the latest guideline outfits for you all to try.
What I’m after now is just a name below if your interested and think you would come to this just so I can get a rough idea of interest.
I look forward to hearing from you all.
Cheers & Tightlines