Maxcatch

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I ordered another couple of their connect core running lines and some backing a couple weeks back and paid wee bit extra for express delivery and they arrived today.
Along with 2 free gifts
A wee multi tool line snipper thingymabob
And and neck scarf thing.
Its fantastic my pal used one in Argentina last year and raved about them. I never bothered getting one but this things great. Its thin so you breathe through it easily so you can have it over your nose and mouth or up right over the back of your head too. Or just like a scarf.
Think it will be great in winter as well as summer for the beasties.
I'm going to order my young lad one now.
Anyway for £20 odd I'm well impressed.
Great job maxcatch.
Their lines are really decent too and I know their classic reels have been well received also.
20210206_150327.jpg

Isisalar

Reaction score
I've had the clippers and the scarf thing as gifts too. I ended up with about 6 pairs of clippers scattered over various waistcoats and various D rings on waders and jackets.
Dug through the car boot last week to do a bit of lure testing and struggled to find any at all!
Out of the clippers I had the Maxcatch were definitely the best so will be ordering a few new pairs.
Great fan of Maxcatch, lines, rods and sundries.

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I've had the clippers and the scarf thing as gifts too. I ended up with about 6 pairs of clippers scattered over various waistcoats and various D rings on waders and jackets.
Dug through the car boot last week to do a bit of lure testing and struggled to find any at all!
Out of the clippers I had the Maxcatch were definitely the best so will be ordering a few new pairs.
Great fan of Maxcatch, lines, rods and sundries.
Any idea what the wee hook thing is for?

Rrrr

Reaction score
Ive got the maxcatch gold line and it casts really well with near enough no memory, also the welded loops put some high end lines to shame.
Quite tempted to roll the dice on one of their single handers.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Rrrr

Reaction score
Where do you get Maxcatch products?
Ebay, amazon or direct from maxcatch. I find it worth the extra couple of quid for the better postage as things turn up alot quicker. On ebay theres usualy a listing with a long delivery date and one with a shorter one.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Also worth noting that some of the trout lines are abit light and need a size bigger than normal.

chrishconnolly

Reaction score
Order from the maxcatch site rather than other places that way you are getting direct which is both cheaper and they throw in a few gifts.
I am very impressed with my first order although I have had access to some of their trout reels in the past and they were all good.

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score

AlanT

Reaction score
Just bought a maxcatch switch line #7/8 and there was a free #6/7 switch line and a leader straightener! Unbelievable for just under £18 delivered in 3wks. Lines look excellent and come with welded loops.

Isisalar

Reaction score
Ive got the maxcatch gold line and it casts really well with near enough no memory, also the welded loops put some high end lines to shame.

Don't think you'd regret it. The cheaper rods, V Switch etc are good value for money and very capable. My 10' #7 Sky high is a thing of beauty and a great performer. Without doubt the best quality rod I've ever owned or seen. I suspect it was designed for switch rated lines though. Trout rated #7 & 8 nowhere near heavy enough.
Casts their #7/8 switch line (425 gr) a treat though. Certain it would be suitable for their #7 V switch too.
FFF would be the place to get feedback on the trout rated line rods, Sky high or Gold range are the high end rods.

Last edited:

Isisalar

Reaction score
Incidentally I've also got an 11'6" #9 V switch. What a beast that is. Will throw a 600 grain Skagit with a 10' T tip on 6' of Amnesia, a la Hardy reels, no problem.
Just a little bit too much for single handed use for me these days.
Will Spey cast a treat.
Even with 2" copper tubes.

Last edited:

chriswjx

Reaction score
Another vote for maxcatch here, there's usually 20% discount codes as well think stock20 is the most recent.

Shame they don't make polyleaders or t-tips as far as I can find...

sewinfly

Reaction score
I picked up a 6wt single handed spey line for my 9' Aquarex to be used for mullet and Sewin.
Also got a WF 7wt Switch line floater.
A few packs of pimp indicators.
Had a free cap and the same neck tube as TFS.
Jonathan Jones well know Sewin fisherman in Wales highly rates their gear and he should know.
With 20 % off great value.

Sewinfly. ..........

Finglas

Reaction score
Anyone tried their blue shooting heads? Never bought anything from them but sounds like a good deal!

Snakeroll

Reaction score
In general, I have found that the cheaper running lines have too much stretch in them, can you advise if that's the case with the ones from Maxcatch.

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score

Shakespeare agility 2 ive just ordered one, ment to be really good rods for the money sub £60 👍

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
In general, I have found that the cheaper running lines have too much stretch in them, can you advise if that's the case with the ones from Maxcatch.
I've got a couple of them and they are as good as any I went for the connect core. Thats the second lot I've ordered

mikek1

Reaction score
I ordered another couple of their connect core running lines and some backing a couple weeks back and paid wee bit extra for express delivery and they arrived today.
Along with 2 free gifts
Its fantastic my pal used one in Argentina last year and raved about them. I never bothered getting one but this things great. Its thin so you breathe through it easily so you can have it over your nose and mouth or up right over the back of your head too. Or just like a scarf.
Great job maxcatch.
Their lines are really decent too and I know their classic reels have been well received also.
View attachment 56545

Along with 2 free gifts
Great job maxcatch.
View attachment 56545
Hi TFS,what line would you recommend for an airflo nano 6wt switch rod.
Mike