Maxcatch Spey rod

Rrrr

Reaction score
That Sky high switch rod really looks fantastic.
Go on, just have a look.
I have, if i wasnt so happy with my little guideline switch i would have had one.
Might buy my dad one as his birthdays coming up and hes not got a switch setup.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Rrrr

Reaction score
Also just had a thing from fedex, although i went with the free shipping theyve sent my first order by priority air mail. Nice supprise and glad i didnt pay the extra 20 quid for it now.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Bad_bastie

Reaction score
So we are saying that the Sky-touch is definetley lighter than the V-spey?

I fancy the 15fter off amazon, need a big rod again for one stretch Ive started fishing but dont want to go all in for one pool basically.

For the money its got to be worth a punt, even paying the extra as I see it isnt in stock on the website.

If its decent I imagine ill get a 13' 6" aswell

paddymc

Reaction score
So we are saying that the Sky-touch is definetley lighter than the V-spey?

I fancy the 15fter off amazon, need a big rod again for one stretch Ive started fishing but dont want to go all in for one pool basically.

For the money its got to be worth a punt, even paying the extra as I see it isnt in stock on the website.

If its decent I imagine ill get a 13' 6" aswell
Amazon website says the 14’er comes in at 14oz, so fair to say the 15’er will be heavier still. That’s a lot of weight by comparison to other 15’ers !

94EF907B-F6B9-4A6B-83C4-197FBC00434B.png

Bad_bastie

Reaction score
This is what I am trying to establish, the site says the V-spey is lighter than the Sky touch.
But i have seen it reported its the other way round.
I do prefer the Look of the Sky-touch but if its a bit of a beast I might pass

kimbo

Reaction score
To be honest I don't think you can go wrong for the price. Can't remember who it is but they've got the sky touch 14ft I think and it isn't heavy art all. At that price you could always move it on

bros

Reaction score
I fancy a go with one of these but the weight of the rods put me off!
It looks like the v-Spey is quite a bit lighter than the sky touch.
I was looking to get a 13' rod 6 piece v-Spey travel rod but can't seem to find one on Amazon!
Just for comparison my 14' Marksman weighs 8.4oz

Isisalar

Reaction score
From what I can remember the V Spey is definitely lighter than the Sky touch but the Sky touch is considerably lighter than stated in the ads and not THAT much heavier.
Have a read back through the posts.
If the Sky touch suits and is as well finished as the Sky high single handers it would be a pleasure to own one.

rodbender

Reaction score
I fancy a go with one of these but the weight of the rods put me off!
It looks like the v-Spey is quite a bit lighter than the sky touch.
I was looking to get a 13' rod 6 piece v-Spey travel rod but can't seem to find one on Amazon!
Just for comparison my 14' Marksman weighs 8.4oz
Hi I have the 14 v-Spey it is certainly a good bit heavier than a Marksman mine weighs 9.5 ozs what makes it feel heavy is the light up locking real seat and the short handle 21 inches

goodwin8288

Reaction score
I have just ordered one the same as Kimbo (12.6ft 7/8)it looks a lot of rod for very little money I will report my findings when it has arrived and been tested being a 6 piece it will be great for when I get to travel to Ireland again!!!!!!!!!!

billy fish

Reaction score
On Kimbo‘s advice I obtained one of the max catch salmon rods . I must say I was very impressed. Aside from the blue whippings , not really my colour , I thought it was really very good . I only tested it on grass with two friends and we were all impressed. Some casts reached the Wow factor with on friend getting close to 40 yards out of it.I wouldn’t hesitate to get another in the range.

billy fish

Reaction score
I have just ordered one the same as Kimbo (12.6ft 7/8)it looks a lot of rod for very little money I will report my findings when it has arrived and been tested being a 6 piece it will be great for when I get to travel to Ireland again!!!!!!!!!!
It will be just the job for Iceland.

goodwin8288

Reaction score
It will be just the job for Iceland.
Iceland I wish!! loads of money no its for Ireland what rod did you get is it the same as Kimbo the 12.6 7/8 6 piece and what line and weight did you test cast it with if you dont mind me asking as it will give me an idea to try on mine as it is the same rod thanks in advance!

joxo

Reaction score
Hi Guy’s/Girls.
I have been following the thread about Maxcatch, and after reading it, I decided to take a chance and ordered one of the V Spey 7/8# (6pc) which arrived after 10 days.

The rod was test cast on Friday with a few lines including the spey line I bought off Maxcatch. The rod was superb and did what I wanted it to do with all the lines both spey and shooting heads, even in a tricky upstream wind.
I believe this will be an excellent summer/grilse rod but will know better when “christened”.
I have just weighed it and it weighs 7.1 ozs.

Mayfly20

Reaction score
12’ 6” V Spey, 6piece, 7wt rod arrived today (10/05/21) after a long wait, compared to some who have reported here. I can confirm that the presentation and finish of the rod is excellent. Unbelievable value for money. Can’t wait to try it on the Dee in June! Additional free gifts included - baseball style Maxcatch fishing cap and sun gloves. Brilliant.

goodwin8288

Reaction score
Hi for those of you who have got the 12.6 7/8 what lines head length and weights have you tried and what worked well to give me an idea of what to try on mine cheers Neil

scoops

Reaction score
was getting itchy fingers for the Sky-touch switch but none in stock on there site, see if they come back in stock