Maxcatch Spey rod

RUSH

Reaction score
You’ll be pleasantly surprised I’ve had a shot of the 14 ft rod nice blank to be fair see river clyde 2021 it’s not mentioned but that’s the rod. Rodbender bought the 14ft off of Amazon

Alexr

Reaction score
Just opened it, amazing quality and a free Spey line with it and a leather degreaser and greaser.
Will have to get down the river asap. Got my sights set on another model now.
Alignment dots on sections, cordura case and bag.
If it is the Skytouch model you are looking at, I"ve got the 13ft 6" 8wt., it is lighter, better balanced and just as powerful as the V-spey. A few friends of mine have tried the Skytouch and are amazed at how good they are. Unfortunately all sizes of Skytouch models are showing as out of stock on the Maxcatch website.

kimbo

Reaction score
I have the v Spey according to the website it is a lot lighter than the sky touch which is why I went for it. I would have preferred the cosmetics on the sky touch but at the price it is only a minor thing. I will probably go for a skytouch in a different weight, how much does yours weigh, the v Spey is only about 7ozs according to the website

Alexr

Reaction score
I"ve tried both but I think the weights on their website are wrong, the skytouch rod I have feels a fair bit lighter than the V-spey. My rod weighs 9.25 ozs. I"m getting a shot of the skytouch 14ft 9 wt. tomorrow, I"ll weigh it and let you know.

rodbender

Reaction score
Just thought for the money it was worth a punt
I have had the 14 V-Spey for a few weeks now and gave it some "serious wellie" coupled with a Gaelforce multi-tip it`s as good as any rod i`ve tried! and better than a lot of them, could do with a down locking reel seat, for the money you can`t go wrong
IMG20210424192638.jpg

kimbo

Reaction score
I must say I am impressed, I can't decide which one to go for.
I see they are out of stock of most of them, I wonder if they are bringing new models out, the current ones are well discounted before the stock20 discount

rodbender

Reaction score
I must say I am impressed, I can't decide which one to go for.
I see they are out of stock of most of them, I wonder if they are bringing new models out, the current ones are well discounted before the stock20 discount
Got mine from Amazon with next day delivery but a bit dearer than from China but no waiting?

Isisalar

Reaction score
I think that they probably a new range coming out soon, hence the discounting of
the Trout and Spey rods. They've had the nano tech blanks for a while on the Sky high range and when this gets into the Switch and Spey rods too they should be VERY impressive.

Alexr

Reaction score
Tried Skytouch 14ft wt.9 and my own 13ft 6" wt.8 today with the gaelforce Equaliser ESSS 9/10 Both rods were throwing out a great line with very little effort. The 14ft. weighs 10ozs. slightly heavier than the V-spey but in my opinion better balanced, two terrific rods for the money.

kimbo

Reaction score
I've just got the 12ft6in 7/8 6 piece travel rod, only cast it on grass at the moment seems to suit me can't fault anything about it. Even came with a free Spey line to match and a leader straightener.

Sawyer

Reaction score
Following on from the above has anyone tried (or know of anyone who has) the Maxcatch Switch rods? I am looking for a spare & they are on offer at the moment so wondered if it was worth a punt.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Tried to buy the 11ft trout spey last night, just out of intrest more than anything else but out of stock. Ended up with more of their gold fly lines and some taperd leaders instead. Ill probably end up with a container full of gear on route at this rate

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Isisalar

Reaction score
Following on from the above has anyone tried (or know of anyone who has) the Maxcatch Switch rods? I am looking for a spare & they are on offer at the moment so wondered if it was worth a punt.
The V Switch are decent rods pretty much the same as the V Spey but shorter. The 11'#7 matches well with their #7/8 switch line. The 11'6" #9 will chuck a 600grain head and heavy tip easily.

Isisalar

Reaction score
I've just had a look on their site and there's an 11' Sky high switch rod available. #5 & #8 only.
Very odd it's just popped up now. I'm sure I'd have noticed if they'd been available previously. There's only one review, from 2019! Looks fabulous, I wish I needed one.
Stock 20 discount code works too.
I definitely don't need a #5 switch rod, keep repeating.
I'm guessing these were available in a different market and they're clearing out the leftovers now.