Matching reel for Sage Method 8126-4

Beltra Badger

Reaction score
could someone perhaps recommend a matching sage reel for the Method 8126-4. I'm thinking of the Sage 2210 but I'm wondering if that particular reel would be too large for the 12'6" rod? Any thoughts?

MCXFisher

Reaction score
I can't speak for the Method, but the 12' 6" Igniter I tried recently was distinctly tip heavy, to the extent that even the full-size Sage Spectrum C didn't provide static balance around the top hand. In any event you're usually better off for dynamic balance with a heavier rather than lighter reel. That may suggest that you'll be fine with the larger reel.

Beltra Badger

Reaction score
Thanks , I was wondering if a loop multi 6/9 would be ok for this rod, the drag on the multi is good being the power matrix drag but I was also playing with the idea of having a matching Sage reel for not much other reason than asthetics/vanity/tartyness......

Nigel Passmore

Reaction score
could someone perhaps recommend a matching sage reel for the Method 8126-4. I'm thinking of the Sage 2210 but I'm wondering if that particular reel would be too large for the 12'6" rod? Any thoughts?
I've been using the Sage 3500D with that rod for over 6 years now. It balances it perfectly.

P9020030.JPG