Massive Ness salmon

Royal Game

Reaction score
Fair comment, I would tend to agree but as I said in the picture thread" We will never know what a really big fish weighs until it goes on the butchers scales."
By the way, would anyone like to take a guess at what this one weighed.
View attachment 61565View attachment 61565
Out of curiosity, what weight was the fish in the photo?

The great thing about this is that the weight will be accurate and not a guesstimate.

Auldghillie

Reaction score
The top and bottom of it is! That fish although big! Its a late gravid fish, longer nosed, a lot lighter than a fresh run fish, not particularly massive really if it weighed more than 34-38 lb i would be more than suprised, the tell tale if the hand around the tail wrist! Anyone even suggesting its anyway near the famous "Georgina ballintine" monster is deluded, and to put a guesstimate of 70 pound is naive and basically never seen or witnessed a proper big salmon, including the gillie who landed it
OK Marty - what about this from your river some time ago. I do not buy the Sport, t’was in hut. I’ll put the weight in tomorrow.

Attachments

• E3FDC7D1-26A1-49E4-BE94-7B6F93F376F9.jpeg
    E3FDC7D1-26A1-49E4-BE94-7B6F93F376F9.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 76

Bonito

Reaction score
That fish in the first pic I`d guess around the mid 30`s. Pic below of one weighed on two brand new sets of scales at 29lb 12oz. and 29lb. 14oz so have always called it 29lb 12oz

decalbush023.jpg

Last edited: