March 2018 swap

Piker20

Reaction score
Ok folks. Looking for 9-11 intrepid folk for the March swap.

The theme for this swap is PINK & PEARLY. :cool:

We will classify pink as anything from Barbara Cartland pink to Prince Purple and shades inbetween.
Pearly is some lovely PEARLY tinsel bodies, all the best flies have one.

Due date to arrive at me 19th March.

1) piker20
2) Hemmy
3) Billyfish
4) GWelsher
5) Nobby
6) mc andy
7) Gary
8) hydrofoam.
9) deesunray

Last edited:

Slaneybs

Reaction score
Pink!?

The drawers of my desk are full of €100s "worth" (cost) of materials and I can truthfully say I don't have a single bit of pink feather or fur in any of the drawers - probably not even a bit of pink floss so I think I will sit this one out thanks Piker.
I will watch with interest from a distance. Call me a stick in the mud but would any self respecting Irish salmon take a pink fly? Purple works fine (purple shrimp) but pink? Looking forward to eating my words when I see the creations go up on the thread.

Piker20

Reaction score
The drawers of my desk are full of €100s "worth" (cost) of materials and I can truthfully say I don't have a single bit of pink feather or fur in any of the drawers - probably not even a bit of pink floss so I think I will sit this one out thanks Piker.
I will watch with interest from a distance. Call me a stick in the mud but would any self respecting Irish salmon take a pink fly? Purple works fine (purple shrimp) but pink? Looking forward to eating my words when I see the creations go up on the thread.

Purple is well within the remit for this swap. So too magenta and all the shades between.

Don't feel your hand is forced but..................

Don't be shy Slaney :fish2:

gwelsher

Reaction score
Count me in. I will do an Olivia variant.

Olivia Variant FThr.jpg

Canewizard

Reaction score
I'm tempted by the unusual theme, but might have to pass due to other commitments. I'll think about it...

Piker20

Reaction score
I'm tempted by the unusual theme, but might have to pass due to other commitments. I'll think about it...

Hopefully you can squeeze it in. I'll give it until march 1st and we'll see how many we have. Might only be 6 flies needed to tie.

Canewizard

Reaction score
Bit much going on, but you get the idea. So if I join, it's either gonna be something like this or a pink eggfly ?

IMG_20180216_202828.jpg

Cheers

Piker20

Reaction score
I'll give this until March 1st and we'll see how many we need to tie. If there is only 6 of us I've got an idea to keep it worthwhile.

Piker20

Reaction score
Ok I'm going to call this one on March 1st. If we have 6 or less taking part I propose that we tie 5 in the theme and then another 5 of what ever you like. So you wouldn't get one of your own back. Could even be different flies which I will spread between the others in a random manner.

I'll clarify by pm what to send in after the 1st.

GaryD

Reaction score
If its not too late I’ll have a go this month as looks like I’ll be off for a few days till weather clears. Wee Pink Panther variant with pearl rear body, jazzed up tail and fl. red marabou wing. You can let me know Piker if missed the boat or not.

Attachments

• E2C5EE60-6F96-4753-BE35-8F0C0006D3FB.jpeg
    E2C5EE60-6F96-4753-BE35-8F0C0006D3FB.jpeg
    473.2 KB · Views: 137

Piker20

Reaction score
Welcome Gary. OK we have 7 so if everyone ties 7 and ignore the PM I sent all is well.

Hemmy

Reaction score
When I used to go to Alaska the rule was use any colour fly as long as it is pink.......the Pacific’s loved them.....:nod:

Hydroform

Reaction score
I'm in for a go, if I'm not too late.
Might nbe something templedoggy.

Gary.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk