Maradona dead

Loxie

Reaction score
The drugs maradona took didn't help him play they hampered him, he would have been even better without them,
I don't know enough about drugs or football to disagree with you so I'll take your word for it. A shame he did what he did in that case. Regardless he was not the sort of role model I'd want my kids to follow.

happy days

Reaction score
I don't know enough about drugs or football to disagree with you so I'll take your word for it. A shame he did what he did in that case. Regardless he was not the sort of role model I'd want my kids to follow.
Addiction to anything is bad karma, aside from that he was a brilliant player and IMO that's how he will be remembered by most :)

Andrew B

Reaction score
He was a drugs cheat. In any other sport he would be treated with the contempt he deserves.
What a Coke head you mean? Can’t think of a professional sport that doesn’t have a history of performance enhancing drugs. Just about all the 100mtr runners who got caught didn’t even view it as cheating. More levelling the playing field.
Re Argentina and many other South American teams I’d say it was the professional fouling and theatrics that deserved any contempt.

Andrew B

Reaction score
a few disappointing comments here on a player who is undoubtedly one of the best players to ever kick a ball ,
yes he took drugs and drink is he the only one who done that ? I think not , a flawed genius
R.I.P Diego

Here here. I’ve not been on here long but I have noticed that the really disappointing comments or those that gets people’s backs up. Are often from someone with just a handful of posts to their name? Really strange behaviour imo.

happy days

Reaction score
What a Coke head you mean? Can’t think of a professional sport that doesn’t have a history of performance enhancing drugs. Just about all the 100mtr runners who got caught didn’t even view it as cheating. More levelling the playing field.
Re Argentina and many other South American teams I’d say it was the professional fouling and theatrics that deserved any contempt.
Argentina and other South American teams LOL, have you watched the premiership lately ?

jonnieb

Reaction score
Here here. I’ve not been on here long but I have noticed that the really disappointing comments or those that gets people’s backs up. Are often from someone with just a handful of posts to their name? Really strange behaviour imo.
Loved by every Scotsman 🤣🤣

lefthandup

Reaction score
Tell you something....the amount of coke heads on the go these days is a real eye opener..... Doctors,lawyers the lot...you name it..... it's "rife".
I often wonder how some can afford to do it....they reckon it's £100 a score.

sneakypeter

Reaction score
I do not think he could stand up to the current greats, ie, Messi and Renaldo, they are special players in are far more competitive game, both have shown incredible consistancy in an ever demanding scenario, he just snorted his way to oblivion!

lefthandup

Reaction score
I do not think he could stand up to the current greats, ie, Messi and Renaldo, they are special players in are far more competitive game, both have shown incredible consistancy in an ever demanding scenario, he just snorted his way to oblivion!
He made it to 60.... there's many tea totals will face the coup de grace before that age.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Truly one of the greatest. I can remember sat round the table at tea time whilst watching the man in his prime like it was yesterday.
The flair and skill he had to run at pace, not dribbling but long strides with ball stuck to his boot as by glue was a thing to behold.
Unfortunately with these natural born geniuses like Diego M, George Best and even Gazza it’s like the very thing that makes them different and great, can also be a curse off the pitch and drugs and drink became a way to switch off I guess?
Not sure it’s something most of understands, let alone feels the need to judge?

wormo

Reaction score
Ronaldo is a freak of nature , but
I would still rather watch Maradona every day of the week
he was a rough guts and glory type of player that got kicked up and down the place because of his skill a real raw salt of the earth type

Ronaldo is too much of a poser and a brand his supposed squeaky clean image is boak worthy
Messi on the other hand is a modern day Maradona, the closest thing I've seen to Diego , very very similar on the pitch at least

Andrew B

Reaction score
Tell you something....the amount of coke heads on the go these days is a real eye opener..... Doctors,lawyers the lot...you name it..... it's "rife".
I often wonder how some can afford to do it....they reckon it's £100 a score.
Probably been stamped on to death n all. Goodness knows what the other 90% is made up of?

Andrew B

Reaction score
Ronaldo is a freak of nature , but
I would still rather watch Maradona every day of the week
he was a rough guts and glory type of player that got kicked up and down the place because of his skill a real raw salt of the earth type

Ronaldo is too much of a poser and a brand his supposed squeaky clean image is boak worthy
Messi on the other hand is a modern day Maradona, the closest thing I've seen to Diego , very very similar on the pitch at least

Ronaldo is superb but looks juiced up to the gills.

Pompero

Reaction score
Bit unfair and ahistorical to compare him to the current modern greats no? The game is way different with a much more scientific, holistic and professional approach. In the same manner farming and most production etc. is more efficient today.
I'm to young to have seen him live, but as a football fan I'm obviously aware of his impact on the game. Rest in peace.

Elibank

Reaction score
Saw him live at Wembley in 1980, jaw-dropping good - saw Pele live as a kid at Hillsborough (🤢), never seen Messi live, but I think he’s the successor to Maradona.