Making a copy of a Bogdan reel

meyre

Reaction score
Here's one of Stan's 300s RHW and a spare spool!
P1050412.JPGP1050413.JPGP1050415.JPG

You have produced a magnificent reel and now it's clear why they command the $ they do.
Brilliant engrossing post.
When you've a moment can you kindly convert this to LHW?

D

Deleted member 21851

Top class, sir. Thats a truly beautiful thing you've made there.

Isisalar

Reaction score
My grandson, not yet 3, his favourite game is doing exactly that in the garden. He obviously has real class when it comes to Salmon reels because he insists on the Hardy marquis 2's every time, especially with orange dacron backing line.
I'm sure he'd prefer a Bogdan but I'm not that rich.

Jimmcl

Reaction score
First fish for the reel.
The reel had it's first fish this week, a lovely fresh 15 lb fish from the Spey. Fish & reel picture attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7911.jpeg
    IMG_7911.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_7906.jpeg
    IMG_7906.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:

budge

Reaction score
A well deserved result after all the work you put in on the reel may there be many more.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

AlanT

Reaction score
Great achievement catching a salmon on a reel you've made yourself 👍

Last edited:

tawsalmon

Reaction score
First fish for the reel.
The reel had it's first fish this week, a lovely fresh 15 lb fish from the Spey. Fish & reel picture attached.
That has to be the ultimate most wonderful experience in salmon fishing. I can still remember hooking and catching a fresh salmon on my own home tied made up pattern, in extremely impossible low water full sun conditions on a single handed rod. I was beyond ecstatic. Whilst at school, when you could do stuff like pour molten metals in to sand castings (!), I tried and failed spectacularly to make my own trotting centrepin reel in my metalwork class. An utter fail but never mind the idea was right.

To catch a fish on a reel made by yourself from scratch must be a very special & rare privilege. I tip my hat to you fellah!

RUSH

Reaction score
First fish for the reel.
Brilliant,I can’t believe I haven’t noticed it before great thread well done 👏👏👏 I suppose I get the bonus of seeing it start to finish in one go 😁