Macd's Juke Box

Andrew B

Reaction score
Can’t believe I’ve only just discovered this guy and this incredible album that ought to have done better. Those in the business knew about Jim Ford as a talented songwriter and his good friend Sly Stone said he was the funkiest White man he’d ever heard.
Blighted by Cocaine addiction it was said he flew in to the U.K. with the equivalent of a million dollars worth of stuff strapped to his person😲
A Swedish music journalist managed to track him down to a caravan in the early 2000s where he found a bunch of reel to reel tapes which they released to wide acclaim. He was due to re enter the limelight with a concert with Nick Lowe and Ronnie Wood when he was found dead in his car in 2005 of causes unknown.
Anyway here’s the title track Harlan County a masterpiece of country, funk, soul and rock n roll imo.

Andrew B

Reaction score
One to bring out at a party for a laugh. No prizes for guessing what the candy is, he’s singing about but has anyone ever made a song as funky and brilliant as this? Other than James Brown himself.

Nigel Passmore

Reaction score

Play the full 5 minutes and listen to the crowd ovation at the end. I've seen all sorts of ensembles over the decades and never seen or heard anything like the applause these teenagers received - a total triumph

ibm59

Reaction score
9110CBA5-5564-4756-B537-92C363E1D671.jpeg

keirstream

Reaction score
Another one gone. Les McKeown passed away this week.
My drinking buddy and good pal Alan Longmuir passed away in 2018.:(
Just ordinary guys that should have been multi millionaires.
Alan was a very shy person who liked a drink and a blether.
This was the track that made the famous.
R.I.P. lads.

keirstream

Reaction score
And a more recent version. T in The Park just before my pal Alan passed away.
He still had it a t 70.
On the left in the full tartan gear and panama hat.(y)