Mörrum 2021

LouisCha

Reaction score
Hi all, I thought I would write a little report about my visit to Mörrum this past autumn.

Firstly, big thanks to Liviu from the forum, for his advice.

I was there in early September, staying in Mörrum town and fished every zone, but mostly upstream. It is certainly a beautiful and varied river, with lots of nice pools but there is no easy wading.

The weather was mostly warm, humid and overcast with low and warm (18C) water. My tactics were to cover a lot of water and fish quickly through pools to search out an active fish.

The fishing was very tough, I had many days without seeing or feeling a thing, but I did end up with two salmon and two sea trout on fly, including my PB at 75cm/11lbs. I only lost one fish, which was hooked in the gloaming, didn't do much for a few minutes before deciding to run straight downstream into rapids and then threw the hook.

I was not as well prepared or rested as I should have been and in hindsight I think I could have fished smarter, but I had a great time nonetheless.

P9070604.jpg

P9100472.jpg

P9110487.jpg

P9161023.jpg

Last edited:

Cascade

Reaction score
Great report.
I remember John Wilson fishing there many years ago, and catching some decent fish on fly.

lax0341

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your great report ! It remembers me in a nice way on the river of my youth where I‘ve caught my first seatrout and one of my biggest ( 104 cm ) salmon. Not an easy river to fish and sometimes very crowded but a very beautiful
place on earth.

rotenone

Reaction score
Hi all, I thought I would write a little report about my visit to Mörrum this past autumn.

Firstly, big thanks to Liviu from the forum, for his advice.

I was there in early September, staying in Mörrum town and fished every zone, but mostly upstream. It is certainly a beautiful and varied river, with lots of nice pools but there is no easy wading.

The weather was mostly warm, humid and overcast with low and warm (18C) water. My tactics were to cover a lot of water and fish quickly through pools to search out an active fish.

The fishing was very tough, I had many days without seeing or feeling a thing, but I did end up with two salmon and two sea trout on fly, including my PB at 75cm/11lbs. I only lost one fish, which was hooked in the gloaming, didn't do much for a few minutes before deciding to run straight downstream into rapids and then threw the hook.

I was not as well prepared or rested as I should have been and in hindsight I think I could have fished smarter, but I had a great time nonetheless.

View attachment 70870
View attachment 70871
View attachment 70872
View attachment 70873
Well done the Morrum is a technical river to fish, and difficult at times but the rewards are there. You had a great trip

leave_u

Reaction score
Happy you made it to Mörrum, it is a technical but very nice place. Needs time to explore properly if you want to get away from the crouds. Beautiful fish and Fotos 🤗