Mörrum 2010

Iolar

Reaction score
Heading to the Mörrum for the first time on Thursday, looking forward to it.
Largest fish caught so far this year 17.22 kg by Mikael Andersson on 03.06.2010

From www.morrum.com

ogp

Reaction score
Just back from the morrum

Fished the morrum on the 5th and 6th june, unfortunatly it
was 25 celcius and bright blue skys, also the morrum is
having one of the worst ever salmon seasons with numbers
and condition of fish way down,don't mean to put you on
a downer if the conditions are good and more fish turn up
the morrum is still the place to catch a fish of a lifetime.
these web pages give more imformation on the plight of
the morrum.

http://morrumfa.com/

http://www.morrum.com/sv/Morrumsnews/2010/Laxproblem/

Personally it has not put me off returning to the morrum
as it is still a place to catch some amazing salmon and some
very big sea trout in aug-sept time.
but i think they will have to adopt some new policys if they
want the salmon fishing to improve, as it seems to be
in decline like so many other great rivers.

Iolar

Reaction score
Hi ogp,
I had realized that the Mörrum, like many salmon rivers, is in somewhat a state of decline. It's one of those rivers that I have wanted to visit for a number of years. I lived in Lund for a few years and never got around to wetting a fly there. I intend to enjoy the experience of being there with or without success. In any case they have had some rain today and the forecast for the rest of the week is for more rain, maybe it will freshen the river up a bit.

Last edited:

Iolar

Reaction score
Fished Friday and Saturday without success. On Friday one fish was taken and Saturday zero, worst season on record. However, I very much enjoyed the fishing experience and I certainly will return.

ogp

Reaction score
I saw the odd fish is being reported again after the heatwave
while i was there. It is an inspiring place i to will no dout return
in the future maybe try to get on in august/september when
the big trout are running.

Iolar

Reaction score
On Friday I saw some very large fish move through the lower pools, quite a spectacle. It was also interesting to see the mobility of the flies tied by the locals, a necessity in the lower beats where the water flows quite slowly.

This is one of the pools which I really liked, pool 32, the upper-most pool of the Eon beats, lots of overhanging trees and rocks.

View from the hanging bridge upstream

View from pool 32 to the bridge.

silverleapers

Reaction score
I must have been there during the best week...

A group of us (7 rods) went from May 22nd to 26th (4 days fishing 23rd-26th). What a spectacular river...the smallest fish I seen was 15 pounds ( know the weight because it was promptly hooked after a few rises). Some were hooked and landed or lost each day I was there except one (freezing cold and blowing a gale). We had a blast and would definitely go again. I can't imagine what this river would be like to fish in a bonanza year....:eek:;) We rose several fish - two we fished over and one we rose were later hooked and landed (one 14.22 kg and another 17kg).

Last edited:

CB

Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great trip there silverleapers!
Nice pictures Iolar, that certainly is a nice pool, no plans so far but I can't wait to get up there again myself :)

pol_angler

Reaction score
Hi guys, got a few days there in late September, I would appreciate any info on tactics and flies. The licence I've got covers all pools but I'll plan to focus particularly on the Vittskovle beat.

bassfly

Reaction score
I'm going in September with some Swedish guys that I met up with a couple of years ago on the Dee and have become good friends. I asked for suggestions for flies to tie for the trip and he sent me this reply.

"You can google ”Ullsock” its the famous Morrum flie. Tied in brown/red and black/red in sizes 12-8 hooks. Then some black red buts from small to big. 2cm wing-8cm wing. You can say that brown and black is the best colors in the autumn. Mix it with some red or orange then it will work."
This is worth a look Fish & Fly - 05/03 - Swedish salmon flies

Last edited:

Denfield Bud

Reaction score
Big seatrout in September

I'm going in September with some Swedish guys that I met up with a couple of years ago on the Dee and have become good friends. I asked for suggestions for flies to tie for the trip and he sent me this reply.

"You can google ”Ullsock” its the famous Morrum flie. Tied in brown/red and black/red in sizes 12-8 hooks. Then some black red buts from small to big. 2cm wing-8cm wing. You can say that brown and black is the best colors in the autumn. Mix it with some red or orange then it will work."
This is worth a look Fish & Fly - 05/03 - Swedish salmon flies
Some coloured fish by then but loads of massive seatrout.
Good luck,db

pol_angler

Reaction score
Just back from the Morrum, seriously, I need to stop going there as I am having the withdrawal syndrome for fishing anywhere else for anything else! :D

Last edited:

Reeboker

Reaction score
I would also like to hear about it and any info on permit an hotels .thank you

pol_angler

Reaction score
I would also like to hear about it and any info on permit an hotels .thank you

Hi

If you're looking to have car rented (circa £100/week), then your good accommodation option would be 8 bed holiday house Yxnarydsvägen Sölvesborg at Booking.com. It's only 15 minutes drive from the river and costs pennies, less than £300/week split between your party. Staying at the river lodge is convenient and you'll have a couple of good pools within 10min of walk but it will cost you £110/night/person.

Permits are available at the shop on the river bank or you can book them online at Mörrum. They should become available early next year. There is a limit of permits but judging by number of anglers, the limit is set quite high and you should not have problems there. Ticket price depends on how Sterling is performing cause you'll be paying in SEK, ie. cost £56/day in 2015, nearly £100 this year.

pm me if you need more details.
tight lines

Reeboker

Reaction score
Hi

If you're looking to have car rented (circa £100/week), then your good accommodation option would be 8 bed holiday house Yxnarydsvägen Sölvesborg at Booking.com. It's only 15 minutes drive from the river and costs pennies, less than £300/week split between your party. Staying at the river lodge is convenient and you'll have a couple of good pools within 10min of walk but it will cost you £110/night/person.

Permits are available at the shop on the river bank or you can book them online at Mörrum. They should become available early next year. There is a limit of permits but judging by number of anglers, the limit is set quite high and you should not have problems there. Ticket price depends on how Sterling is performing cause you'll be paying in SEK, ie. cost £56/day in 2015, nearly £100 this year.

pm me if you need more details.
tight lines
Thank you. Will send pm

pol_angler

Reaction score
Back from our annual pilgrimage to the Morrum. Managed 6 fish between two of us over four days in average to poor fishing conditions. Good few, eight or nine fish lost as well, some unstoppable trains that left us shaking and in tears after extensive fights. Good fun and only 11 months before I'll have some more of it :)

IMG-20170828-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20170826_174323966.jpg

nr2.jpg

20170826_203432.jpg

Morrum_311.jpg

Richardgw

Reaction score
Back from our annual pilgrimage to the Morrum. Managed 6 fish between two of us over four days in average to poor fishing conditions. Good few, eight or nine fish lost as well, some unstoppable trains that left us shaking and in tears after extensive fights. Good fun and only 11 months before I'll have some more of it :)

View attachment 22749

Now that is some sea trout. What a lump. I am very jealous of the captor. Many thanks for the pics

Last edited:

Prefab Trout

Reaction score
Do you ever come across Dr John? I love his YouTube videos.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

pol_angler

Reaction score
Do you ever come across Dr John? I love his YouTube videos.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes, many times. His videos can help but still some time spent there is needed to get this river working for you.

Last edited:

Reeboker

Reaction score
ive seen him for the last 8 days ,he looks almost dead ,never seen a man dart about so much from dawn to dusk he must be knackered

pol_angler

Reaction score
ive seen him for the last 8 days ,he looks almost dead ,never seen a man dart about so much from dawn to dusk he must be knackered

Yep, that's him. Fishing very hard, never stopping, very focused. One time he raised a hand to me like saying 'hello' - he caught 4 fish this morning which explains this explosion of humanity.

Reeboker

Reaction score
yeah ,i dont want to fish like that but fair play to him ,he works for his fish .

pol_angler

Reaction score
Catches tones thou and it is a pleasure to watch his videos.

Any joy for you this season past, Reeboker?

Last edited: